Stage A/C
Boysen X wing
V&H Power Duals
V&H HO Muffs
GMR Genisis 577 cams
S&S Lifters
Zippers chain tenioners
Axtell oil Bypass kit

Problem I'm having is that after bike is up to temp I have eitms kicking in can not figure out what is creating the heat issue, I have loaded a cpl of maps sent to me with the Harley Super Tuner and did some smart tunes but can not eliminate the heat issue, any ideas what we should look for?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Just recently completed the following build:

Stage A/C
Boysen X wing
V&H Power Duals
V&H HO Muffs
GMR Genisis 577 cams
S&S Lifters
Zippers chain tenioners
Axtell oil Bypass kit

Problem I'm having is that after bike is up to temp I have eitms kicking in can not figure out what is creating the heat issue, I have loaded a cpl of maps sent to me with the Harley Super Tuner and did some smart tunes but can not eliminate the heat issue, any ideas what we should look for?
If you are positive the tune is good then the next place I would look is under the cam cover. See if the cams are off a tooth.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If you are positive the tune is good then the next place I would look is under the cam cover. See if the cams are off a tooth.
Will give that a check, we were sure we had the cams lined up properly, but you never know, I had thought that if it was off the bike would hardly run

·
Registered
809 Posts
Will give that a check, we were sure we had the cams lined up properly, but you never know, I had thought that if it was off the bike would hardly run
I have read on other sites of people running them wrong for weeks before they figued it out. It isn't hard to get them off by a tooth.

·
Registered
6,618 Posts
Do you know what the engine temp is when the EITMS kicks in??? Is it kicking in like it should at or around 290 F degrees.
The EITMS can be turned off so you can just do that if it is working properly. If the EITMS is kicking in early when the bike is not hot then the sensor may be bad, the EITMS temp sensor is located in the rear of the front cylinder head and you will see it if you look behind the horn.
It would seem that if the cams timing or crankshaft to cam timing gears are off a tooth you would know right away because the bike will not run right.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Just recently completed the following build:

Stage A/C
Boysen X wing
V&H Power Duals
V&H HO Muffs
GMR Genisis 577 cams
S&S Lifters
Zippers chain tenioners
Axtell oil Bypass kit

The bike needs to be tuned, the maps you are flashing are just starter maps, also smart tuning with narrow band sensors is less than desireable, compared to a professionally tuned bike using wide band sensors.

Find a competent dyno tuner and get it tuned.

This is where 90% of the guys that have problems after doing performance upgrades miss the boat, they spend the coins on all the right parts, then stab maps at them trying to avoid spending the money on a GOOD tune, which IMO needs to be on top of the list.

Daren :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts