Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm currently running stock bars on mine, I have to reach for them a little bit. I'm 5'7", I sit straight up with them and on long rides it gets uncomfortable. I want to be able to lean back a little. I Love the look of the Yaffe Monkey bars and the LA Choppers, but I'm concerned that it's going to make my situation worse. I need a bar that's going to be 2-3" farther back than my stock bars. Can I accomplish this with apes? I know I can adjust the angle back to me, but I may kill the look of them.:confused:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I hear a lot of shorter guys love the "HD Heritage Bars". Not sure how they look though.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Could try stock Electra Glide bars. I'm pretty sure they are lower & closer to the rider - at least that's how mine on my Ultra felt compared to the RG. You may be able to find some take-offs pretty cheap on ebay or craigslist.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have heritage bars on mine (also 5'7") and they are an improvment but could be better. I also sat on a CVO roadglide once and the bars on that felt pretty good.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I put the heritage bars on mine, and LOVE them. When I rode mine home from the dealer, I felt like I was leaning forward the whole time. Now, I can lean all the way back into the backrest and still not have to straighten my arms out.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I have Wild 1 517's and they move them back several inches. I am 6'-1" but I like to sit back. With Apes or mini apes the only way you are going to them further back is to slant them back. I also did not want them much higher than stock, just further back.

·
Registered
440 Posts
I thought the stock bars on my '13 RGC were fine for me, 6' tall. But...., the first time I was on a slab for more than an hour, my arms were killing me. Didn't bother me on the twisty 2 lane state roads for over an hour--just on the slab when there is very little arm movement for a lengthy period. Put the Heritage style bars on and problem solved. They give me just the extra pullback I need and they are ever so slightly higher but most people wouldn't notice the difference just by looking unless my bike is right next to another bike with the stock bars.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have the Khrome Werks Stretch Heritage +2 bars #300043. They work great for me at 5' 9'' tall. Here's an idea of what they look like.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts