Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted on another forum and no response so maybe someone here can help.
Have done the whole stereo upgrade to my '11RGC. Sony head-unit, RFamp, 6 speakers etc. What is happening tho when I power off the bike at the ignition, whether radio is on or not, I get a 'hiss' of static through all of the speakers for about 3-4 secs and then the usual Sony chime. I have the Biketronics module and have to constatly reset it which is beginning to be a pain. I can be riding and the volume increases on its own, or the head-unit turns itself on all by itself. So, the static...any ideas?? Im at a loss. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
12,457 Posts
I have a Sony..... what chime are you referring to? Are you having the amp turned on remotely, or by the input level? Almost sounds like you may need to adjust the AVC on the Biketronics unit also. Hopefully someone with the Biketronic unit will chime in soon. I have the Hawgwired and am not to familiar with yours.

Sent from my SPH-L710

·
Gray Beard
1,522 Posts
The sony in my truck has a beep boop beep boop tone when I shut the truck off. I think it's the reminder you left the detachable face on ... As far as the static goes have you tried shouting the radio off / leaving the ignition switch on? If the results are the same could be a signal being carried through amp as it shuts down?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Didnt check ur Profile, but did u change bars and are wires ran internal???
Problem could be there, with a wire or two,...
otherwise it could be a ground on one of the components u've installed. Ground wires can give you fits!
If neither or are the problem, sounds like a defective component.
Ive got a Sony on mine and I can turn the Bing-Bong Churps off.
But the static thing,.... reground ur amp, then have biketronics check that module.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replys. Will pull the nose again and check all connections and ground. Yah, my Sony does the beep beep thing on shut down. From what I understand you cant turn it off. Thanks again!!

·
Super Moderator
5,879 Posts
Depending on what model & yr Sony you have, you can turn off the the faceplate reminder.

See if this works:

1.Press and hold the Select button until the Setup Display appears.
2.Rotate the Control Dial until CAUT ALM displays, then press the Select button.
3.Rotate the Control dial to select OFF, then press the Select button.
4.Press the BACK button to exit the menu

1 - 8 of 8 Posts