Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Not posted on here for ages.
I have a 2000 Road Glide with the Mangeti Marelli fuel injection.
I fitted a K&N filter and a set of the CFR knockoffs the other week and found the bike was running very lean(as in you can not touch the end off the right hand muffler after 2 miles without burning yourself!) so to help with fueling I purchased a Power Commander 3 on the dreaded Fleabay.
Fitted the PC3 as per the install guide but all that happens when i try to start the bike is the fuel pump primes and the red engine light comes on goes off and then on again and the bike will not start at all. It just turns over.
I sent the unit to Dynojet UK. They checked it over and say its fine.
Anyone had similar issues.
Cheers,
Dave

·
Banned
60 Posts
Gotta have fuel and fire. Check for both? The connection on the M&M bikes isn't too grand. Make sure your connection into and out of your Pc3 is good. CFR's are not the typical muffler. They are almost like running straight pipes only they're bigger and flow more air. :) Well, I've never flowed a set but they are not good for bottom end torque, at least the previous version wasn't. I've heard they have changed them and now they do perform much better but I have not tried a set of the newer design yet. I recommend using a set of big city thunder baffles with those particular mufflers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts