Road Glide banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Landing in Mesa on Thursday, looking to rent Bagger and ride around with wife on Friday for the day,
Need a nice 150~250 loop.
One day 2/18/12.
Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
2,870 Posts
Wickenberg to Jerome, through Oak Creek Canyon, Flagstaff, and back to Mesa. The guys at the dealer will tell you exactly where to go. You'll experience four seasons in one loop, terrain as varied as a cross-country ride, and twisties every bit as good as Tail of the Dragon. Dress warm.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guy's
i will look into it.
And will get pics.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Canyon Lake, Tortilla Flats, then up the mountain to Globe and maybe even the Salt River Canyon. These are all on the East side of the valley. If you go to Canyon Lake and Tortilla Flats, I would turn around and head back towards Apache Junction and then you can decide to go North towards Roosevelt Lake and comeback down into Mesa via the Beeline Hwy or go East towards Globe. The road after Tortilla flats turns to an unimproved road and I don't recommend it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Take Hwy 60 east out of Mesa to Superior,south on 177 to Winkleman.You come to Hwy 77,go north to hwy 60, just east of Globe. Take 60 west, a few miles into Globe, to Hwy 188 go right, around Roosevelt Lake , to SR 87 or "Beeline Hwy" south right back into Mesa. Guessing about 200-225 miles.
You will have some flatland a few twisties some hills all in that route, fairly scenic.
The route Stray Mutt suggested is always a good route if it is not too cold.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Wickenberg to Jerome, through Oak Creek Canyon, Flagstaff, and back to Mesa. The guys at the dealer will tell you exactly where to go. You'll experience four seasons in one loop, terrain as varied as a cross-country ride, and twisties every bit as good as Tail of the Dragon. Dress warm.
+1 I've done that one. You'll love it!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just landed. Heading to Chesters a.m. picking up RGU for day. 65 for high will probably stay on east side.Will get pics up in few days.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Here are a few pics of Lake Rosevelt, Totillia Flats and the 22 mile dirt road to get there, was a good time about 175 miles, and temps from 60-70, and sunny..

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a few more pics, look below cliff and you will see a little dirt road going up the pass to the top, about a 8 or 9 pucker factor...

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rented from Chester's HD.
Good people bike hand only 600 miles on her.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts