Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I got some lowers that I want to paint. I have a great painter who paints really high dollar resto mods. The harley dealer sold me a Urathane clear coat and a Blk Denium paint and a reducer. My painter says that both the urathane and the the blk denium are single stage and you dont use them together. I have the adhesive for the ABS plastic and raedy to go but we cant figure this out. Can someone that has painted Denium Blk push me in the right direction please.

Thanks

AV

·
Registered
25 Posts
I painted mine with a spray can ...did a bunch of light coats and they came out great...I cant tell the difference at all and people that looked at it say they would never know it was done with a can if I hadn't told them...tried a ton of different cans and the best match out there is called John deere blitz...hope this helps...

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Get the John Deere paint in Blitz Black. It is available in rattle can and by the quart. If you take your time and prep correctly than it is a spot on match. On my old FLTRX, I had painted a front fender, lower fairings, rear fender, saddlebag lids. All was a spot on match. Several folks here can attest to it! I was hesitant at first to trust a rattle bomb, but I was very impressed. I got a find that was a damn good painter and he was always impressed by the finish, and more impressed with how smooth the paint layed. As a side note, all of the various parts were painted at different times, with cans that were bought at different times, and always the same quality paint and always a match.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So I had two little parts that are heat sheilds that cover part of the engine from your legs. I sprayed them with PPG 2322S. Its a adhesive that makes paint stick to ABS plastic. I then reduced the Denium blk and sprayed one and let it dry with the heaters turned on but at low temp. It came out glossy. I then sprayed the other with the clear coat and it came out glossy. I returned the paint clear and reducer to Harley today and ordered some Blitz. Guess I will just wait now.. Thanks for the replies...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, I've heard good things about the John Deere blitz black, I just can't seem to find it here in California where I am.
I ordered it online. It will be here tomorrow. $7.00 a can or they have a 12 can discount. I couldnt find any in Vegas either.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I used JD blitz black on my tour pak that used to be blue two years ago. Last year I did my saddlebag lids when I decided to add speakers. Last week I painted a set of lowers that a buddy of mine gave me. All match perfectly!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts