Road Glide banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Current installed parts.

J&M ROKKER® XXR 7.25” Fairing Speaker Kit w/Grill Mounted Midrange/Tweeter for 1998-2013 Harley® RoadGlide.
J&M ROKKER Series Tweeter Kit 98-13 Harley BatWing/RoadGlide Fairing
J&M Fairing/Speaker Acoustic Pads 1998-2013 Harley RoadGlide Fairing
Aquatic AV Harley-Davidson Waterproof Marine Stereo - AQ-MP-5UBT-HS

So my question is does anyone else have this setup or a similar one with an amp? Not sure which amp to get or what wattage. JM offers the 330watt 2 channel and the 630watt 4 channel. My issue is below 30 on the radio it sounds awesome. Above 30 its starts to get distortion. The higher you go the more distortion you get. I have alot invested in the stereo and I dont want any distortion. Please help!

·
Registered
753 Posts
What is the max volume level on the head unit? If it’s 40 than that’s about normal for distortion (3/4 volume) to start creeping in. The key is to set your system up so you’re at max power to speakers from amp with a distortion free signal from HU.

I’m not a JM fan so I’d say cut bait and start over with some good speakers and whatever amp you can afford. For 1/2 - 2/3 of what you pay for JM you can have an exponentially better system with other brands. In my book JM falls directly between boom stage 1 and stage 2 and that’s not a good place to be. What’s your budget?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts