Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looking for a little help. I started my bike up at a store to go home and within minutes the TAC and Speed odometer started flashing, a red key showed up. the bike was running fine and did not go into limp mode and I made it home.

Now the TAC and Speed Odometer are stuck and will not show lights.

Actions Taken:
I have checked fuses and cannot find any blown. I have checked the battery connections and all seems good.

The bike radio will power on, the pump for the EFI will power on, the turn signals do not work but the lights do.

Adding, this bike does not have the security option.

I cannot get into the diagnostics menue as the tac and speed O do not seem to work at this moment.

looking for a little help from the smart people before I breakdown and take it to the dealership.

Semper Fi
Scott

·
Administrator
12,484 Posts
Fob battery?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No fob with the bike, it does not have security.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
Looking for a little help. I started my bike up at a store to go home and within minutes the TAC and Speed odometer started flashing, a red key showed up. the bike was running fine and did not go into limp mode and I made it home.

Now the TAC and Speed Odometer are stuck and will not show lights.

Actions Taken:
I have checked fuses and cannot find any blown. I have checked the battery connections and all seems good.

The bike radio will power on, the pump for the EFI will power on, the turn signals do not work but the lights do.

Adding, this bike does not have the security option.

I cannot get into the diagnostics menue as the tac and speed O do not seem to work at this moment.

looking for a little help from the smart people before I breakdown and take it to the dealership.

Semper Fi
Scott
Check fuse ?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no blown fuses

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Sounds like the sensor that detects the bike falling over and kills it. I've heard of that happening before. The speed sensor in the tranny I don't think will cause the blinkers to do that but not sure. Check it for debris on the end of it.

·
Registered
6,622 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have pulled and reset the 40 amp fuse, no change. I have not disconnected the battery yet. If it is the sensor that senses fall over and kills it, can that be reset?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Will replacing the TSM solve that issue?

·
Administrator
10,486 Posts
the bank angle sensor cant be reset , but it may have come loose , and may only need tightening back up , what happens is if it is flopping around it may think you are beyond the safe bank angle and shuts the bike off ..

JtB

·
Registered
483 Posts
when you checked your fuses did you check voltage on both sides or only a visual as I have seen them look good but not pass volts,
I believe the BAS is part of the TSM .
have you done any work on the bike recently , had the fairing off, perhaps a pinched wire to one of the turn signals .

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
when you checked your fuses did you check voltage on both sides or only a visual as I have seen them look good but not pass volts,
I believe the BAS is part of the TSM .
have you done any work on the bike recently , had the fairing off, perhaps a pinched wire to one of the turn signals .
I ohm'd each individual fuse. all were good.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am planning to check the factory grounds to make sure they are good, does someone know how many total grounds are there, I cannot find it in the service manual.

·
Registered
97 Posts
The bank angle sensor would have disabled the bike though? Kill spark and voltage to fuel pump also? OP stated the bike was running fine. Just thinking.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
To all who helped thanks, narrowed it down to a bad TSM. we were able to get good power via a jumper w/o the TSM connected which reset the needles of the tach and the speedometer, and all the lights lit up. Just placed a new one on order.

Semper fi.

·
Registered
8,826 Posts
To all who helped thanks, narrowed it down to a bad TSM. we were able to get good power via a jumper w/o the TSM connected which reset the needles of the tach and the speedometer, and all the lights lit up. Just placed a new one on order.

Semper fi.
That's good news. Where is that module located ?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts