Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My bike started feeling squirrelly on the ride home tonight. Bumps seemed to be a bit harsher, I was not comfortable in curves and slowed the bike down to stay more vertical. I checked the tires they are good and right on target. Measured the suspension sag, all are sitting at 12 inches. Lifted the bike and measured again, everything was at 13 inches. I looked for oil leaks, front forks were clean, and rear looked good. I replaced the rear suspension in July. I am guessing something is wrong with the front. Any ideas on what else I can do to locate and isolate the problem?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
**Update**

So the fix took me a few days to find. In my travels I kicked up a bolt that found its' way to the gap between my frame and swing arm. I removed the bolt and everything went back to normal. I started to notice an intermittent knock when hitting bumps in the road. After some test rides to isolate the issue, I determined that my rear suspension had been damaged most likely due to the bolt I had removed. I took the bike to the shop after a quick test ride they removed the damaged shocks put new ones on. I was as happy as pig in ****.

The shop called me last week, my heart sank as I thought they were going to say the shocks could not be replaced under warranty. To my surprise and amazement the shop was calling to say that the manufacture Legend Suspension had repaired and upgrade the shocks with a better spring. They also told me where the failure happened and what they think caused it. I went down to the repair shop yesterday and they swapped out the shocks for me, and they feel great.

Major shout out to Legend Suspension for standing behind their warranty, and taking pride and ownership in their product. Jesse Jurren and his team have earned a customer for life. Great lifetime warranty, great product, and a great company has been validated.

Also I need to praise the motorcycle shop Legends Motorcycle Emporium Springville Utah,(no affiliation with Legend Suspension). They communicated all the information from the manufacture back to me. They swapped the shocks free of charge, and they care about their customers and care about my bike as much as I do. I hit the jackpot with both mechanic and manufacture.

Moderator not sure the sites policy on specifically naming shops in the forums. If needed modify as policy dictates.

·
Registered
8,855 Posts
So what was Legend's idea on what caused the shock to fail ? I couldn't see the bolt causing the shock to fail after removing it.

·
Registered
823 Posts
what are the odds you kick up a bolt and it sticks between the frame and swing arm, and that your shocks are on recall at the same time. if not for the bolt you would have never got the new upgraded shocks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts