Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I just bought my shark and I really want to be able to remove and put back on the luggage box that came on the bike. I removed the seat and it appears to be hard wired to the bike. Do people usually just make connectors for under the seat? Being an electronics repair person when I was in the military I don't see this as a problem, but is that what everyone has to do?

Thanks in advance.
Jay

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The wiring harness for the tour pak should just unplug under the seat, you can get a detachable mount for the tour pak so you can take it on/off easy. You'll also have to relocate the antenna when the tour pak is off.

·
Registered
77 Posts
There should be wire disconnects under your seat that go to your tourpak. If you ever need a custom wire harness, or standard wire harness you can call NAMZ Custom Cycle Products at 610-265-7100. They may already have or will make you the wire harness that you need. I called them before and they were very helpful.

·
Super Moderator
1,816 Posts
Hello All,

I just bought my shark and I really want to be able to remove and put back on the luggage box that came on the bike. I removed the seat and it appears to be hard wired to the bike. Do people usually just make connectors for under the seat? Being an electronics repair person when I was in the military I don't see this as a problem, but is that what everyone has to do?

Thanks in advance.
Jay

Couple questions for you?

What year is your bike? What type of riding do you normally do, long distance touring or round town cruising? How much are you prepared to spend?

You will need the following equipment?

53246-09C fits 09-13 model year HD Ultras

or

53000291A if your bike is Rushmore model Ultra.

These kits are a starting point and will require the purchase of a few more items to make a complete transition from stock to convertible.

Good Luck,

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's a 2001 FLTRI. I've taken the seat off and there's no disconnects. The bike has the CB and intercom radio as well. I really want to rip it all out and replace with current electronics as well. And I'm really wanting to do the LED lighting all around eventually. I typically ride around town, to and from work and occasionally go for longer rides. The luggage rack has the removable base, it's just the wiring I'm having issues with.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts