Road Glide banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed J&M Rockers 6.65 in the fairing & Hogtunes 200W 4 channel amp in my 2015 RG.
It is louder but my speakers get distorted when I turn it up 1/2 way.

Spent a good amount of money & I am pretty disappointed at this point..

I plan to add speaker lids in the not too distant future, I hope that helps...

Any comments or advice would be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
So are the j&m speakers the only set of speakers you have installed? Jmjohn is on the forum and may be able to help you out. It may just be a matter of flashing your radio or tuning your amp. Good luck.

At any rate, there are some serious audio dudes on this forum and eventually they'll nail it down for you.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
67 Posts
Flash the head unit - that should solve the distortion issue. The flash settings are in a sticky for this topic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
There are two separate Flash posts.
I have the Hogtunes Amp.
After reading it appears I would follow post #1 with 594 views - correct?

·
Registered
67 Posts
There are two separate Flash posts.
I have the Hogtunes Amp.
After reading it appears I would follow post #1 with 594 views - correct?
Yes, that should make a big difference. I installed a PBR300 amp and Infiniti Kappa speakers. All was good but when cranking it up I had a lot of distortion. I printed out the post and the images, taking it with me to the dealer to show exactly what is needed. After the flash, I can crank it to a point it's hurting my ears without distortion.

·
Registered
985 Posts
I just took off my outer fairing and cut the pink and white wire and grounded it out and now my bluetooth and volume control both work. 702 motoring in Vegas set me up last summer and I'm more then happy with there products and service:)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Got the radio flashed & it is much better - Thank you.
For the money I spent it still doesn't sound as good as I think it should..
Hopefully after the lid speakers go in, it will sound that much better.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Got the radio flashed & it is much better - Thank you.
For the money I spent it still doesn't sound as good as I think it should..
Hopefully after the lid speakers go in, it will sound that much better.
Are the Ohms on the amp / speakers the same?

I don't know what you mean by sounding better (distortion?), but you might want to make sure the gains are properly set and play with it a while, at different volume levels, before you start throwing speakers at it?

What I really mean is; get the most out of the 2 speakers / amp, before adding more speakers.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Speaker lids in the saddlebags are a waste of money. Add an amp first if you don't already have one.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Sorry. I see that you have an amp already. I have an Arc 400 watt amp and I am in the process of added new front fairing speakers to handle the power. But I am convinced that saddlebag speakers do little to enhance the sound quality unless you're concerned with curbside sound. I'd invest in better fairing speakers to handle the power. One man's opinion who has spent hundreds looking for the sound I want and still looking.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'd love to know what those who are happy with with their saddlebag speakers what they are running.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts