Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 road glide and wanted to change to a 30 tooth front pulley The question I have is. Do I have to change the belt or can I use. The stock belt And if you have done this swap how do u like it
Thanks again

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
341 Posts
There are 2 options that I know of:
1) Change the belt to 1 tooth smaller
2) Grind out the holes on your swing arm and add a 1/2" block to the adjuster boss.

I just bought a 30tooth for my bike and waiting on it. One of my Brothers did a 30tooth on his nightrain and it made a big difference on the take off and made shifting into 6th gear at 70mph without lugging the engine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
i did the swing arm mod and used stock belt with 30 tooth. i used link desert posted. it was pretty easy im happy with the results so far i dont have to many miles on it yet

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
If you do your own work and can round up a socket this can be less than a $100 mod and it is so well worth it. I got my pulley from Lakeshore for like $69. It is a stock Tri-Glide pulley.

·
Administrator
10,503 Posts
I'm not a member at CVO , so I spose that is why I am not seeing pics

I like the idea as you retain the cruise , I considered doing the compensator/clutch hub re gear but with that you lose the cruise control

Is the tri glide belt one tooth shorter than our belts ??

JtB

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I'm not sure about the Tri-Glide belt, but the pulley is a 30t as opposed to our stock 32t pulley. I did retain the cruise control. With my TTS tuner I was also able to readjust the speedo for the gear change and my odometer is spot on accurate. Verified with a GPS. I think that the Power Vision and the TTS tuner are the only tuners that can adjust the speedo.

It is worth it to join the CVO forum. Lots of great stuff there.

·
Administrator
10,503 Posts
I guess I should have re worded that , I wonder if the tri glide belt will work , the wheelbase would be the issue naturally

seems I read somewhere that it does work

JtB

1 - 10 of 10 Posts