Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may have been answered before but I could not find anything.

I would like to buy new handle bars that are no higher than stock. They could even be a little lower.

They would need to be around 2" - 3" closer to the rider.

I do not want to change the length of any cables if I can keep from it.

My ride is a 2013 RGC.

Would anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Look at the relaxor bars by ballistic cycles the are low with more pullback, there is a few bike on the forum with these bars, I am thinking about selling mine never installed chrome still in box going another direction, pm me if you think you would be interested thanks Chris. They are 1.25 in in diameter, drilled for internal wiring and will work with throttle by wire.

·
Registered
809 Posts
This is what i suggest for the correct bar. Get someone to staddle the front fender and hold the bike upright with you on it. Then you close your eyes and lift your arms up 4 or 5 times, measure that location. By cloing your eyes and lifting your arms automaticly, you should be in the most natual position, which is usually the most comfortable.

·
Registered
137 Posts
+1 on the advise on finding the correct bar position. I would suggest that you make sure you have the right seat before doing the bars. I did the seat first, and then found the Krome Werks Heritage +2 bars were perfect. These together made a world of difference.

·
Registered
7,215 Posts
++1 on that advice but finding the "perfect" bars is probably one of the most difficult things to do for the scoot. Its a very subjective question. What works for others may not work for you. Keep in mind that all the bars companies out there seem to measure their bars in a different manor. IMO the method posted before is probably the best way to get an idea of where to start. Sit on bike with bars you may be interested in as this will give you an idea as well. Seat position is also a factor. Good luck in the search

1 - 5 of 5 Posts