Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a clue where the "Four-way turn signal lamp connector (31) is under the fairing? I have the lights, harness, brackets and AUX switches installed and powered but for the life of me I can't figure out where to plug in the wiring harness to the bike itself. I'm starting to wonder if this can even be done off of the AUX switches. Nothing even remotely looks compatible under the fairing to snap-splice the harness into.

I've got this entire thing apart in my garage and it's sunny out. Help!

Thanks!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From what I can tell the AUX switch wiring for AUX 1 and AUX 2 switches was run under the seat and both are not connected to anything. The only way I can see to get these switches (or at least the one I need) to work is to go buy the molex connector for the wiring harness and just hard wire it myself. As far as I can tell the "plug-and play" for these lights on the RGS doesn't exist. I was really hoping someone here had already been down this road.

This is where I am

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just came back from my local dealer who donated free diagnosis time because they wanted to know what they deal with these was as well. A BCM flash doesn't work. The only way according to them to make it work is to manually splice the foglight harness into the accessory leads under the seat. This is NOT plug and play as advertised. I'll write it all up with pictures next week.

EDIT: received a call-back from their service guy who suggested moving one of my two ACC switches into the first socket and trying that. He said it should be the same as P/N 69200172 which is the foglight switch for Batwing or CVO models. I'll try that Monday.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moving the switch position doesn't work.

It's really just a simple splice into the accessory harness under the seat. Sorry for the lack of pictures but it really doesn't require them. The three lead wires of the accessory harness are + switched, + and -. Use the +switched and - wires (check with a circuit tester to make sure you have the right ones) and splice into the grey (+) and black (-) wires in the harness. I used 3M Scotchloks and heat wrapped those when finished.

Shame on the MoCo for not making the accessory foglight harness actually plug up to the damn foglights.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. Me too. This is so ridiculously simple for them to address. All they have to do is add a Molex connector to the aux harness that matches the foglights. And maybe give you a foglight switch instead of just an ACC switch. For what they charge for this stuff (WAY less if you order from PcPaiN at Horny Toad) it should be correct. They way it is now is disgraceful. Having to cut and tap a wiring harness on a new bike for Harley parts is inexcusable.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sorry hopefully you haven't cut wires yet. They are plug and play. You can use switch that came with them or the HD light switch that goes on the dash. I'll have to look at mine again to find the connection but it was plug and play, I've hooked up so much stuff can't remember.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd be really interested if you can tell me where it plugs in. I tore everything apart and never found anything remotely close to a plug match. I even tried moving an ACC switch into the far left spot to try that and nothing. The wiring harness they sell is really and ACC harness. Next time you pull it apart see if you can find it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Sorry hopefully you haven't cut wires yet. They are plug and play. You can use switch that came with them or the HD light switch that goes on the dash. I'll have to look at mine again to find the connection but it was plug and play, I've hooked up so much stuff can't remember.

can you please tell me where they plug in to? I my self spent about an hour last night trying to figure out where this harness plugs in to and couldn't get the fog lights to work. The harness plugs in directly to the turn signals perfectly but it won't power the lights.

·
Registered
8 Posts

can you please tell me where they plug in to? I my self spent about an hour last night trying to figure out where this harness plugs in to and couldn't get the fog lights to work. The harness plugs in directly to the turn signals perfectly but it won't power the lights.
I had the same issue. At the end I ended up cutting that harness and stayed with the gray and black wire and plugged with the blue and black wire that are left without use on the daymaker headlamp harness. Text me to 3059897356 and I can send you the picture so you can see which wires they are

·
Registered
8 Posts

I had the same issue. At the end I ended up cutting that harness and stayed with the gray and black wire and plugged with the blue and black wire that are left without use on the daymaker headlamp harness. Text me to 3059897356 and I can send you the picture so you can see which wires they are
Its probably plug and play for the ultra which comes with the passing lamps and has the favtory switch to turn them on and off. I spent about two hours last night also plugging in to the turn signals and looking where else to plug in and couldnt find anything. The way I did it wont harm the electfical system. Your using the 2 left over cables on the headlamp led harness and the electrical draw is still under the 4.5 amps that the stock light draws

·
Registered
1 Posts
Harley Instructions are Incorrect

It took several trips to the dealer and lots of research on line, but the installation isn't as complicated as it sounds.

If you add the jumper wire from the kit and plug into the stock harness, the only other thing you need to do is buy the dash switch kit. Go ahead and purchased the fog-light switch and install in the blank slot from the kit.

Once you've installed the fog light switch, just plug into the existing harness in the dash, and the lights should work.

Don't make the mistake of purchasing all the harnesses in the instructions - they aren't necessary.

·
Registered
8,468 Posts
Question for y'all that installed foglights near the turn signals. Does the foglight shut off when the turn signal is activated?

Doesn't say in the catalog, but looks like it would for safety.

·
Registered
43 Posts
It took several trips to the dealer and lots of research on line, but the installation isn't as complicated as it sounds.

If you add the jumper wire from the kit and plug into the stock harness, the only other thing you need to do is buy the dash switch kit. Go ahead and purchased the fog-light switch and install in the blank slot from the kit.

Once you've installed the fog light switch, just plug into the existing harness in the dash, and the lights should work.

Don't make the mistake of purchasing all the harnesses in the instructions - they aren't necessary.

Ok...I have the fog lights, fog light wiring harness, accessory switch kit, accessory switch kit wiring harness, and mounting bracket. The switch kit only has two ACC switches on it. I unplug the turn signal and place the fog light harness inline, then run it to the fog light and nothing happens. The blue wire is steady power in the harness, blue/pink (on the left side) is turn, black is ground, and blue/black is unused in both sides. The fog light wiring harness taps off the blue/black wire as the hot for the fog lights. Does the fog light switch that I don’t have somehow magically send power down this wire? It seems like they should have tapped the blue wire and sent it to the fog lights.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is an older thread, but I found out the one thing missing in all the posts, is the CanBus system in the '14 up bikes recognizes the lights, when spliced in per the MoCo instructions...however there IS one piece missing. You have to buy one additional part the instructions fail to mention, the foglamp switch. The assembly mentioned on the MoCo website gives you the interface to the prewired harness, but neither of the Aux switches will make the lights operate. I don't have the part number in front of me, but when I added that switch, they worked perfectly. Yes, you do have to splice into the turn signal circuits under the fairing per the instructions. The switch was $14 or so at the dealer. I cannot find the part number, but the parts for the rest are:

68000090 KIT-FOG LAMP and BULLET and CHROME
68000183 KIT and LED AUX FOG MOUNT and CHROME
71400105 AUX POWER SWITCH KIT and FLHX/FLTR

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
part number for the regular switch is 71400044. The regular has a bar that lights up like the Aux switches.

The cvo switch is 71400034. The symbol lights up on the switch, but there is no bar indicator.

Both should be about $12-$14.

I know this is an older thread, but I found out the one thing missing in all the posts, is the CanBus system in the '14 up bikes recognizes the lights, when spliced in per the MoCo instructions...however there IS one piece missing. You have to buy one additional part the instructions fail to mention, the foglamp switch. The assembly mentioned on the MoCo website gives you the interface to the prewired harness, but neither of the Aux switches will make the lights operate. I don't have the part number in front of me, but when I added that switch, they worked perfectly. Yes, you do have to splice into the turn signal circuits under the fairing per the instructions. The switch was $14 or so at the dealer. I cannot find the part number, but the parts for the rest are:

68000090 KIT-FOG LAMP and BULLET and CHROME
68000183 KIT and LED AUX FOG MOUNT and CHROME
71400105 AUX POWER SWITCH KIT and FLHX/FLTR

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the OEM lighted fog light switch. It didn't make a difference on my 2015. I still had to splice it together.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the OEM lighted fog light switch. It didn't make a difference on my 2015. I still had to splice it together.
Where did you splice? Mine was spliced under the fairing to the turn signal wires per instructions, but no where else.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.