Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a clue where the "Four-way turn signal lamp connector (31) is under the fairing? I have the lights, harness, brackets and AUX switches installed and powered but for the life of me I can't figure out where to plug in the wiring harness to the bike itself. I'm starting to wonder if this can even be done off of the AUX switches. Nothing even remotely looks compatible under the fairing to snap-splice the harness into.

I've got this entire thing apart in my garage and it's sunny out. Help!

Thanks!

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
From what I can tell the AUX switch wiring for AUX 1 and AUX 2 switches was run under the seat and both are not connected to anything. The only way I can see to get these switches (or at least the one I need) to work is to go buy the molex connector for the wiring harness and just hard wire it myself. As far as I can tell the "plug-and play" for these lights on the RGS doesn't exist. I was really hoping someone here had already been down this road.

This is where I am

Attachments

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just came back from my local dealer who donated free diagnosis time because they wanted to know what they deal with these was as well. A BCM flash doesn't work. The only way according to them to make it work is to manually splice the foglight harness into the accessory leads under the seat. This is NOT plug and play as advertised. I'll write it all up with pictures next week.

EDIT: received a call-back from their service guy who suggested moving one of my two ACC switches into the first socket and trying that. He said it should be the same as P/N 69200172 which is the foglight switch for Batwing or CVO models. I'll try that Monday.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Moving the switch position doesn't work.

It's really just a simple splice into the accessory harness under the seat. Sorry for the lack of pictures but it really doesn't require them. The three lead wires of the accessory harness are + switched, + and -. Use the +switched and - wires (check with a circuit tester to make sure you have the right ones) and splice into the grey (+) and black (-) wires in the harness. I used 3M Scotchloks and heat wrapped those when finished.

Shame on the MoCo for not making the accessory foglight harness actually plug up to the damn foglights.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah. Me too. This is so ridiculously simple for them to address. All they have to do is add a Molex connector to the aux harness that matches the foglights. And maybe give you a foglight switch instead of just an ACC switch. For what they charge for this stuff (WAY less if you order from PcPaiN at Horny Toad) it should be correct. They way it is now is disgraceful. Having to cut and tap a wiring harness on a new bike for Harley parts is inexcusable.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'd be really interested if you can tell me where it plugs in. I tore everything apart and never found anything remotely close to a plug match. I even tried moving an ACC switch into the far left spot to try that and nothing. The wiring harness they sell is really and ACC harness. Next time you pull it apart see if you can find it.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have the OEM lighted fog light switch. It didn't make a difference on my 2015. I still had to splice it together.

· Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I tied it in under the seat where the aux plug is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.