Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of putting in a Rockford Fosgate punch 2 channel amp to power JBL speakers. Ive got my power ran with the fuse maybe 10 inches after the battery and then ran the ground back to the battery. Hooked everything up, and the amp wont turn on. The light on the amp that signals there is power will not turn on. The radio comes on and all that but no sound. I do not have a line leveler, which I dont think thats what my problem is. I havent done much troubleshooting as my Fluke is out at the farm and figured I would run out and get it tomorrow to do some testing. Any help here would be great, im not a stereo savvy guy but I am good with circuits and what not. So im just looking for whatever may help figure out if its something in my wiring or a bad amp. Thanks.

·
Registered
132 Posts
What are you using as a remote? High level inputs or an actual remote wire to a switched power source?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,571 Posts
In the process of putting in a Rockford Fosgate punch 2 channel amp to power JBL speakers. Ive got my power ran with the fuse maybe 10 inches after the battery and then ran the ground back to the battery. Hooked everything up, and the amp wont turn on. The light on the amp that signals there is power will not turn on. The radio comes on and all that but no sound. I do not have a line leveler, which I dont think thats what my problem is. I havent done much troubleshooting as my Fluke is out at the farm and figured I would run out and get it tomorrow to do some testing. Any help here would be great, im not a stereo savvy guy but I am good with circuits and what not. So im just looking for whatever may help figure out if its something in my wiring or a bad amp. Thanks.
How are you hooked up from the head unit, high level or RCA ? If it's rca you need the remote wire connected. If it's high level, check your ground is good, also check all fuses .

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im using high level inputs so I am not running any remote wire.

And yes I have ran all the speaker wires already.

·
Registered
132 Posts
This may sound dumb but are your sure that you have the high level pigtail plugged into the correct side of the amp? The speaker and RCA pigtail are identical. No offense , I've seen it happen before.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not a dumb question at all, but yes, I checked that a number of times and they are plugged into the correct sides.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Maybe try to run a remote wire back to the battery and that will rule out if your high level inputs are actually turning the amp on when you turn the ignition or accessory on.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ran a remote wire from the positive side of the cig. lighter and it worked like a charm. Real loud, and real clear. Thanks for the help everyone!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Interne there is a dial to adjust the incoming volt detection right next to the gain/frequency nobs...

Mine turns on at any setting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts