Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've ben trying to connect the wires back to the plugs after my wire pull for a few hours. I can't get the internal white piece to push back down far enough to connected to the other plug. I have pulled the wires to make sure the flat side is facing inwards. Any tips?

·
Registered
124 Posts
I ran into the same problem with the molex plug part. I pushed and pushed and couldnt get the white part to seat correctly. It only happened on the clutch side though....so after a little frustration I called upon my neighbor(who I found out recently is a HD mechanic at my dealer) and he proceeded to take needle nose pliers and seated the white piece until the the pins were sticking thru....then he took a rubber mallet and tapped the pliers and voila...seated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I figured it out. Once you have all the pins inserted and the white piece in the unlock position. you need to pull the wires outward to lock the pins in place. Once I did that the white piece went right in to the lock position.

And as I bonus to me i fired the bike up and everything seems to work as it should. Now to put the the faring back on and go for a few rides to get the bars adjusted.

·
Registered
124 Posts
good to know u got it fired...iwhen I first did it I got the tbw sensor backwards...as soon as it fired it was uncontrolled throttle(lol)...had to take out and flip the wires....live and learn

·
Registered
10 Posts
Can someone tell me how far the ETC is supposed to slide into the notches of the bars? I am reinstalling mine on new bars and it barely slides into the notches before it stops. Thanks

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
1,775 Posts
You probably have debris or rust inside the bar. Use a rag on the end of a screwdriver and push into bar end. Try this several times. If that doesn't finish the job, use a rat tailed file to smooth out the edges of the indentation. Good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts