Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am planning on bumping the motor in my 96 to a 103 in the next few weeks and adding a set of cams. The bike came with a thundermax tuner on it when I bought it, but its not like any I have seen before. It is model Rinehart 000-0200. I'm looking to download a new map for it and wondering if the standard usb cable will work with it to let me customize the tune?
Thanks

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
It should but you can email Thundermax support and they will answer your question. You also need to download the Thundermax program into your PC.
Thundermax support uses mostly email.
I have the Thundermax tuner and it works great.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
After speaking with Thundermax support it sounds like it is the most basic tuner they have. It is paired with the Rinehart exhaust and comes with a pre-programmed map for stock motor and exhaust and high flow A/c and does basic tuning on the stock sensors. For $500 I can send it back and have it "unlocked" and install 18mm 02 sensors. Now I'm at the point do I just do that or do I try another tuner? The final result for now will be a 103 with se204 cams, rinehart true duals, and high flow a/c. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
The-T-Max is hands down a better tuner than the Power Commander that why the T-Max cost more. IMO don't waste your money on a Power Commander.
Once you go with the 18mm closed loop 02 sensors with the T-Max then the tuner is a true Auto Tuner which will tune the AFR in real time.
With the T-max you don't need to dyno tune your bike EVER no matter what mods you do in the future and with a Dyno tune costing $300 to $500 that is a big savings.
When T-Max unlocks your tuner you should get all the wiring and hardware along with the correct software to do everything.
Call forum sponsor Frank at Dragos and see what he suggest and see if he can get the T-Max unlocked cheaper.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts