Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 15 Road Glide Special and like many have noticed that the speakers suck. I don't have a big budget so I'd like to simply upgrade the speakers for now (maybe an amp in the future—but not now).

From what I understand the Infinity Kappa 62.11i speakers are a big hit and will improve the sound. I was thinking of ordering them. Do I need anything else (adaptors, grills, wiring etc)? Do I need to change any settings with my stereo?

I'm fairly audio illiterate so I need the basics/guidance when doing this.

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
If just swapping speakers nothing else is needed unless you want to keep the original connectors you would need some speaker wire and male spade connectors. The speaker terminals on the infinity speakers are screw terminals intended for bare wire. I just cut and striped the original wire then connected to the speaker since I have no intent of ever putting the stock garbage back in the bike.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If just swapping speakers nothing else is needed unless you want to keep the original connectors you would need some speaker wire and male spade connectors. The speaker terminals on the infinity speakers are screw terminals intended for bare wire. I just cut and striped the original wire then connected to the speaker since I have no intent of ever putting the stock garbage back in the bike.
Since the speakers will get wet (being in a bike), won't the bear speak wire getting wet cause problems?

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts