Road Glide banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 07 RG my my bars and forks are out of alinement with my front end / fairing but the bike seems to ride straight please help thanks

·
Registered
593 Posts
My 05 had the same thing, never could figure it out. (optical illusion?) Rode it for 60k, never a problem.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Ride through a wet spot. Hold your bars perfectly straight as you come out on dry pavement and see if you leave one line of tire tracks or two.

·
Registered
809 Posts
on my 07 RG my my bars and forks are out of alinement with my front end / fairing but the bike seems to ride straight please help thanks
Check your stem nut, i can't remember if the top clamp is keyed to the bottom clamp to keep it straight. Also make sure you have the correct wheel spacer on the proper side.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Check the wheel spacers to make sure they are on the proper side, they are different lenghts. Then check your top clamp and make sure it hasn't shifted. I can't remember if it is keyed or not.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I doubt there is a problem with your front end because you stated that the bike rides OK, it is likely your handle bar mount has shifted. The mount has isolaters where it attaches that help stop vibration in the bars. Sometimes if the handle bar is forced to one side or maybe the bike gets dropped, these isolaters can shift on the mount causing the bars to be at an angle to the forks. Try turning the steering against the fork stop in the opposite direction that they are shifted and apply some extra pressure, sometimes they can be moved back straight by doing this.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
My 05 was the same way. Never could figure it out but it never hurt anything either. It did bug the crap out of me for 6 years.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts