Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Took the forks off to replace the stock suspension with legends AXEO cartridges. While trying to get the 6mm bolt out of the bottom of the left fork slider, I just might have stripped head! Anybody encountered this before. What did you use to get the bolt out? Do you think a heat gun would make it easier to break the torque on the other one before I strip it too? Any ideas considered!

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've never run into that issue in particular but at work sometimes I run into Allen head bolts that don't come out. I've used a torx bit that fits into the corners and will pull it out. Just tap the socket in with a small hammer. An impact driver is suggested if it doesn't come right out.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
We just had this same type write-up a week or two ago. The poster had used a ball type allen and stripped his. Make sure your allen is in good condition and not a ball type. You can put some heat to it and maybe a little Kroil or similar. Put your allen socket on an impact and it should come out easily. The original poster, his allen was too far gone so he drilling it and used an extractor/ ez-out to get it.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Torx bit drove in sometimes will work. There is also a product that I have at work called Sock It Out, that is basically a tapered allen easy out. They work very well on allen heads that have been rounded

1 - 6 of 6 Posts