Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok. So got my equipment and working on the install and putting it all together, and I just have some newb questions on the install and how I should be wiring this all together. So here are my questions.

First, this is my equipment:

biketronics: BT1005X - 1998-2013 MULTI-BRAND RADIO INSTALL KIT

Head unit: Alpine CDE-HD149BT Single-Din Bluetooth Car Stereo with HD Radio, Premium LCD Display and SiriusXM Ready

speakers and AMP:

Speakers: Infinity Kappa 62.11 150w 6.5inch 2 way
Amp: Cerwin Vega B52 Stealth Bomber Class D Amp b52 2 channels, 1,000W

Now, got the head unit in, and got the amp install plate in. Now I am looking to set up the wiring. I am using the RCA connects on the head unit to go into the AMP. So here is my first question:

1. Should I bridge my AMP? I only have the two fairing speakers right now and I am not planning on adding anymore. Does it make sense to bridge the AMP? Well that help/hurt or not make a difference? The AMP says I can bridge if I want.

2. In my pic of the head unit wire harness, that blue/white wire is for the remote start on the AMP. a). it is not long enough to reach where I have the amp and the actually connection on the amp looks like it is for a heavier gauge wire. So do I just splice more wire at the end of the harness to reach the amp and call it good?

3. How do I wire the speakers? Should I go from the AMP output directly to the speakers? Or should I go from the AMP to the Biketronics module that connects to the original harness and that would send it to the original speaker wires correct?

4. I know the answer, but I was trying to get away with removing my tank because of the crossover and fuel I have in the tank. I should run the AMP power in the cable port under the tank right? Not just take off the cover and run it over the tank and under the cover. I saw a Fosgate video where they did just that and I thought that would make it much easier. Just talk me back into the sensible choice.

I thank all you audio dudes that know what the hell they are talking about and wish I had you in the garage with me, I'd even buy ya some cold ones to watch me do this. If you come to deadwood in August, the first round will be on me. Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Ok. So got my equipment and working on the install and putting it all together, and I just have some newb questions on the install and how I should be wiring this all together. So here are my questions.

First, this is my equipment:

biketronics: BT1005X - 1998-2013 MULTI-BRAND RADIO INSTALL KIT

Head unit: Alpine CDE-HD149BT Single-Din Bluetooth Car Stereo with HD Radio, Premium LCD Display and SiriusXM Ready

speakers and AMP:

Speakers: Infinity Kappa 62.11 150w 6.5inch 2 way
Amp: Cerwin Vega B52 Stealth Bomber Class D Amp b52 2 channels, 1,000W

Now, got the head unit in, and got the amp install plate in. Now I am looking to set up the wiring. I am using the RCA connects on the head unit to go into the AMP. So here is my first question:

1. Should I bridge my AMP? I only have the two fairing speakers right now and I am not planning on adding anymore. Does it make sense to bridge the AMP? Well that help/hurt or not make a difference? The AMP says I can bridge if I want.

2. In my pic of the head unit wire harness, that blue/white wire is for the remote start on the AMP. a). it is not long enough to reach where I have the amp and the actually connection on the amp looks like it is for a heavier gauge wire. So do I just splice more wire at the end of the harness to reach the amp and call it good?

3. How do I wire the speakers? Should I go from the AMP output directly to the speakers? Or should I go from the AMP to the Biketronics module that connects to the original harness and that would send it to the original speaker wires correct?

4. I know the answer, but I was trying to get away with removing my tank because of the crossover and fuel I have in the tank. I should run the AMP power in the cable port under the tank right? Not just take off the cover and run it over the tank and under the cover. I saw a Fosgate video where they did just that and I thought that would make it much easier. Just talk me back into the sensible choice.

I thank all you audio dudes that know what the hell they are talking about and wish I had you in the garage with me, I'd even buy ya some cold ones to watch me do this. If you come to deadwood in August, the first round will be on me. Thanks in advance!!!

Yes, amp to speakers. I ran my amp"s power and ground wires under the tank. Its been a while , but believe you turn off the Alpine"s internal amp off if using an external amp. Yes just extend the remote wire. I like to solder and heat shrink.
Not sure of the amps power. You may not need to bridge the amp if you're using the Kappas. I think they're only rated at 75 watts rms.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Run speaker wires directly from amp to speakers.

Pull the tank to run amp power.

Use crimp connectors to extend remote wire, but thinking it should be long enough.

Do not bridge. With the B52 bridged you’ll only have one channel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!! just one more question, There is a connector coming out of the amp for the speakers. It only has 4 wires. looks like 2 for front and 2 for back. So I have to split the two front wires to go to my left and right speaker and leave the two back wires alone correct?

·
Registered
753 Posts
The B52 is only a 2 channel amp, so should be 2 for left and 2 for right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,246 Posts
Thanks guys!! just one more question, There is a connector coming out of the amp for the speakers. It only has 4 wires. looks like 2 for front and 2 for back. So I have to split the two front wires to go to my left and right speaker and leave the two back wires alone correct?
If it's a 2 channel like roadie said, you have + , - right channel, and +, - left channel. No rear.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ahh, I saw that on the display of the amp, but then it said "bridged" so I though those were the connections IF you bridged them.

This is why I was the light guy in the band and not the sound guy.... ;)

Again, thanks for the help, plan on pulling that tank and finishing up the job tonight! Hope all the lights go on when I am finished!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts