Road Glide banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered a med v-stream today this will be the 8th shield Ive tried.
the madstad was the best but just couldn't get past the looks.

Maybe this one will be a good compromise.. Maybe.

I also came close to ordering a Kuryakyn but decided to try this one first.

I hope the new Road Glide addresses the buffetting. If not the limited may be the next bike, Maybe.

·
Registered
8,760 Posts
I hope you know, its all not coming over the shield ?

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
You've probably heard this before. Just in case you haven't, you're riding a motorcycle!!!
It's your money so, have at it. Let's know when you find the perfect W/S & how much $$$ you have in the quest for it.

·
Registered
529 Posts
You've probably heard this before. Just in case you haven't, you're riding a motorcycle!!!
It's your money so, have at it. Let's know when you find the perfect W/S & how much $$$ you have in the quest for it.
Have to agree with you on the riding a motorcycle comment. I'm seriously mystified by the time and effort spent to avoid the wind. It's called wind therapy for a reason.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Have to agree with you on the riding a motorcycle comment. I'm seriously mystified by the time and effort spent to avoid the wind. It's called wind therapy for a reason.
There is a fine line between too much wind and a good amount. I just got back from a 3500 mile 7 state road trip and my bike performed flawlessly. To get a smooth ride I added fairing lowers, GADs LTTD and #2, and a 16" freedom shield. I am really pumped about how good the freedom shield and GADS worked together.

Now, I just dropped off my RGC for 10k maint and took a fat boy lo as a loaner with no shield. I came from a dyna fatbob with no shield. OH MY GOD riding a half helmet with just sunglasses and no shield above 65 mph gets old fast. I have to believe its only acceptable to those who have not had the priveledge of having steak, or a touring bike in this case. I will never go back to no shield unless its a 2nd bike and just a around town bar hopper. However my fav riding is fast on scenic back roads and highways so I pry wont have a 2nd bike, the road glide does it all.

Lastly I will add that soft tails suck. single disc up front is inadequate, suspension is terrible, and they are just small. I dont see a reason anybody would buy one of these new considering you can get a road king for not much more money and its 10 times the bike any soft tail is. I took a soft tail to remind me what it was like before i had a touring bike and it took all of 5 seconds on the freeweay to remember why i traded in. I am 30 years old not some old geezer for you guys thinking I am being a wuss for not liking wind in my face. Its not a matter of getting wind its a matter of getting rid of buffeting. Buffeting is a pounding of air, not smooth clean air I get riding a soft tail with no shield. Buffeting sucks.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ordered a med v-stream today this will be the 8th shield Ive tried.
the madstad was the best but just couldn't get past the looks.

Maybe this one will be a good compromise.. Maybe.

I also came close to ordering a Kuryakyn but decided to try this one first.

I hope the new Road Glide addresses the buffetting. If not the limited may be the next bike, Maybe.

Was freedomshields one of your 8 shields you have tried? How tall are you? Do you have a stock seat? After much research I narrowed my options down to MadStad and Freedomshields, went with freedom as it was cheaper and I could return if I didnt like it, but I loved it. I am 6'6 240 lbs and its a 16" flared shield.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The H-D Flaps, GADS LTTD, H-D Vented lowers, 12" Windsplitter = Areodynamic Nirvana for me! 6'4" 34" inseam.

Nothing but clean air at any speed, with or w/o helmet.

The only bike that I have ever ridden that I can smoke a cig on the interstate.

And I don't have to run no fugly windshield...

Once these other components were installed, I don't the windshield really matters that much...

·
Registered
490 Posts
HeatWave - what H-D Flaps are you referring to?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts