Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am 5'11......ish (5'10 after the back surgery) and 200 lbs of solid Fuscle.......Fat Muscle - The OL has packed on a few too and we both know we could do better - We laugh and say 'We Are Happy, Who Cares, Pass the Dorittos" and laugh - Well, she ran into an ex-coworker at a Retirement party this past weekend who dropped over 50 lbs by just eating better and cutting out Carbs - You see where this is going.........fuck me.......Carbs are in EVERYTHING - We have a 14 yr old and a 12 yr old which means we have a closet full of snacks or as I call it, "Freshman Dorm Room Stoner Food" and I SWEAR the damn cabinet speaks to me

If you hear in the news about a "Chicago Man who took a long ride off a short Pier" its cuz I miss my Snacks

This sucks..........FUCK IT........I'm getting Lypo

·
Registered
7,572 Posts
Hang in there, Brother.
If you need to lose some pounds just cut back on the intake and do a little exercising.
Taking a nightly walk with the Mrs. after dinner may help you both.
Mike U.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hang in there, Brother.
If you need to lose some pounds just cut back on the intake and do a little exercising.
Taking a nightly walk with the Mrs. after dinner may help you both.
Mike U.
Yeah, I do go to the Health Club a few times a week for Cardio and Stretching (still fighting back issues and will for life) but that does nothing when I come home after and knock back a Bacon Dbl Cheeseburger and wash it down with Cheesy Tots.........mmmmmmmm, Cheesy Tots

We did walk around the hood a bit after dinner but now with the Kids back in school, post dinner is Homework Time........which I do not understand AT ALL

·
Registered
16 Posts
You can do it. IMO, mind over matter and getting thru the first couple weeks is key. March 15, 2018 I was in same (worse) shape -- 5'11" and 220-225#. I'd been thinking for a long time how crappy I felt and how much processed food I ate (and loved) -- pizza, chips, more chips and pizza, pasta, beer/gin, etc. And lots of it. A 4 day stomach flu pushed me over the edge and I decided to give an honest effort to eat better. I didn't follow a "diet" but committed to not eating all things processed. I quit those things cold turkey and went to meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs. Little to no carbs or dairy. Probably a combination of Paleo and Keto but not really following either program. I cut out the big meals and eat a lot more snacks. I also cut out the booze. Unfortunately, I haven't yet mixed in any exercise. My OL says that's next. Today I'm at about 165 and feel so much better! My friends think I've lost my mind (they miss my gin & tonics) but playing with the kids in the yard, climbing a flight of stairs, putting on my boots are no longer torture. I do miss alot of those foods, but I feel so much better that (for now) I can do without.

Give it a shot!

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
All serious Steady Eddie, what I did from my military days and now is cut off all the whites.....Baked Potato, potato chips, White rice, White bread, White pasta, etc....you got this....walk at least 30min every other day for now, increasing further and faster later...I'm sure those lbs will disappear....Good luck brother....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Go for it, Eddie! My fat ass will be sitting here in the cheap seats with my bourbon and cigars cheering you on!

But my day is coming - the wife says our program starts after our October vacation.

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You can do it. IMO, mind over matter and getting thru the first couple weeks is key. March 15, 2018 I was in same (worse) shape -- 5'11" and 220-225#. I'd been thinking for a long time how crappy I felt and how much processed food I ate (and loved) -- pizza, chips, more chips and pizza, pasta, beer/gin, etc. And lots of it. A 4 day stomach flu pushed me over the edge and I decided to give an honest effort to eat better. I didn't follow a "diet" but committed to not eating all things processed. I quit those things cold turkey and went to meats, fruits, vegetables, nuts, eggs. Little to no carbs or dairy. Probably a combination of Paleo and Keto but not really following either program. I cut out the big meals and eat a lot more snacks. I also cut out the booze. Unfortunately, I haven't yet mixed in any exercise. My OL says that's next. Today I'm at about 165 and feel so much better! My friends think I've lost my mind (they miss my gin & tonics) but playing with the kids in the yard, climbing a flight of stairs, putting on my boots are no longer torture. I do miss alot of those foods, but I feel so much better that (for now) I can do without.

Give it a shot!
Thx Man......Inspiring post to say the least amigo!

·
Registered
988 Posts
I did this back in the spring. Cut out sugar and almost all carbs. The first 2 days sucked, headaches and tired. After that, all was good. I slept much better, had more energy, and best of all, my pants fit again after about 2 weeks. I cheated on the weekends though, but not in excess amounts. Coupled with exercise, I lost 11-12 lbs, all in the gut, in about 2 weeks. I have always lifted weights 4-5 times a week, and I kept that going during the diet too, so that helped some. I plataued at about 190lbs, and couldn't lose any more.

Lil Chief

·
Registered
6,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did this back in the spring. Cut out sugar and almost all carbs. The first 2 days sucked, headaches and tired. After that, all was good. I slept much better, had more energy, and best of all, my pants fit again after about 2 weeks. I cheated on the weekends though, but not in excess amounts. Coupled with exercise, I lost 11-12 lbs, all in the gut, in about 2 weeks. I have always lifted weights 4-5 times a week, and I kept that going during the diet too, so that helped some. I plataued at about 190lbs, and couldn't lose any more.

Lil Chief
You cats are inspiring .......I do appreciate this - I need to stick with it

·
Registered
85 Posts
Been there too. January of this year the OL decided to lose weight, which in turn, means I lose weight. To top it off, she has a gluten allergy so she (we) are also gluten free. And I’m not complaining. I wasn’t over weight but wasn’t a scronny little bastard either. I feel better, that’s for sure. And I have a lot more energy than before. We basically just eat meats, vegetables and nuts. The first few weeks are an absolute bitch. But it gets easier the longer you do it. Just stick with it. You got this!

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Eddie, I went from 155, where I had been since highschool to 235 in one winter! Went through one of my bad spells after 2nd brain surgery, couldn't walk; which is the "only" exercise that I can now do. Dropped caloric intake and started walking again when I could; it took 5-6 years but I have now been at 165 for 3.5 years. Slow and easy bro. YOU CAN DO THIS. You'll feel like a new man! Praying for ya dude

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Hey Eddie, look up Paleo/Primal diet and also Keto diet. Either one will help melt the pounds off for sure! Takes getting used to at first, but helped me a lot!

·
Registered
6,108 Posts
I quit drinking beer for a month. Lost 14 pounds. Man that was a rough month. You can do it Steaddie. Hang in there.

·
Registered
6,529 Posts
You cats are inspiring .......I do appreciate this - I need to stick with it
Let me give you a little tip road brother

Apple Cider Vinegar

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bragg-Organic-Apple-Cider-Vinegar-Raw-Unfiltered-32-Fl-Oz/32590745

Read up on this stuff

I pour 2 oz of this shit twice a day in a small glass of water after eating

Cuts weight like nothing you will ever see

Cut the carbs in half to start and also cut the dairy in half, it will make a huge difference

Read up on it's health benefits down below

I will try and find a link for you to read up on / UPDATE links down below

https://10faq.com/health/apple-cider-vinegar-benefits/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI74qpuprb3QIVDLXACh265QUUEAAYAiAAEgJcCPD_BwE

https://www.rd.com/health/wellness/apple-cider-vinegar-every-day/

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1&ei=C9GsW9CdA8PUtQXI8ILgBg&q=health+benefits+for+apple+cider+vinegar&oq=health+benifits+for+apple+cider&gs_l=psy-ab.1.0.0i13l2j0i22i30l6.1531.2810..7544...0.0..0.55.302.6......0....1..gws-wiz.......0i71j0i13i30j0i13i5i30j0i8i13i30j0i8i13i10i30.ArB9oS6m8ko

I have a road brother that had a serious weight problem and he told me about this stuff

I hadn't seen him for like 6 months and when I ran into him I didn't recognize him

Swomack

1 - 20 of 133 Posts