Road Glide banner
41 - 60 of 133 Posts
I weight two pounds over the weight I enter Basic training. PT and what you eat. I do however agree that genetics plays a part. VA doctor went back and checked it he had notice my weight never changed.
That cabinet with the junk food in it calls out at times.

I would say just add 4 times the amount of actual veggies to lunch and dinner than you normally do, but I know some folks don't eat any and consider potatoes, peas, and corn veggies.

Seriously, Veggies are so low in calories that you feel full and cut down on your overall calories greatly.

Also cut out all condiments and go with dry seasonings instead.

When I am on work trips it is the hardest to maintain.

Since I have been in New Mexico I have eaten
  • Green Chili Cheeseburgers
  • Green Chili Lasagna
  • Green Chili Chicken Enchilas
  • Smoked Brisket and egg burritos
  • Green Chili Brisket stew
  • Western Omelets w/green chili
  • Green and Red Chili Wines
  • Green Chile Pistachios
  • Green Chili Dip and chips
  • A lot of Ice Cream after all that Green Chili food!

Eating a Salmon and Veggie Salad tonight. That should compensate and level me off. :grin:
GOOD LUCK WITH THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Day #2 can kiss my hairy ass as it sucks more than Day #1

@Swomack,..... bought that shit......tastes like shit........better do some shit!!!

I would punch a Nun for a Breakfast Skillet right now......fuck I am hungry

I almost pissed myself laughing when I read this. My mrs has me on a diet to ensure I’m around for more of life. 30 years in the army and then retired to a more sedate lifestyle. Not so good on the health. I’m almost back to my army weight without the physical training. Hungry is my middle name.

04 Road Glide

SteadyEddy, funny shit Bro. Fuscle.... I owe you $$$.

I’ve been using it on my family and friends and givin ya props... is that how you say I mention you when I use “Fuscle”.
Funny shit Bro.

I have no words of wisdom for you on your quest. I’ve done and tried over and over... just gave up. And, as I type, I have a bag of Cool Ranch ...damn...now I have to pay them....Damnit! Doritos...and a Sam Adams to wash them down.

Good luck man

GOOD LUCK WITH THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!! :grin::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Tonight I sampled a Green Chili Sundae! Vanilla Custard with Green Chilis and toasted pecans. It was amazing!

That's because your body is freaking out over the change in diet. Once you finally shit out all the toxins you will have lost weight.

The biggest problem with those Atkins and Keto and whatever fad diet is that you can't do it long term and if you cheat you will gain weight.

Fill up on Veggies and cut your meat and carb intake is the best long term healthy way to eat.
Keto is far from a fad diet. Its how our ancestors ate for a lot longer than humans have been using glucose for energy. Its just super low carb. I dont agree with cutting meat, but carbs for sure.

I fully believe that different people benefit from different diets. Metabolism and activity levels are so different for each person that they owe it to themselves to find what works. People should give keto a shot if they can stick with it, its very hard to give up the delicious carbs. Lmao!

You are absolutely correct about cheating and gaining it back, just like low calorie or any other diet.

I was in a place where i needed to drop weight. When we met in Cherokee, I weighed 315lbs. I needed to make a change and so far keto is working for me.

That's because your body is freaking out over the change in diet. Once you finally shit out all the toxins you will have lost weight.

The biggest problem with those Atkins and Keto and whatever fad diet is that you can't do it long term and if you cheat you will gain weight.

Fill up on Veggies and cut your meat and carb intake is the best long term healthy way to eat.
I gotta disagree with the cutting meat comment. Cut meat and replacing it with vegetables usually means cutting protein. Protein fuels muscle growth. Lean muscle mass burns more calories that any other body part. My perfect weight is 180. (195 now.) I lose fat best by increasing protein and weight training. Also, I can never allow myself to feel hunger. Once I feel hunger, I'm like a addict searching the cabinets for something horrible to eat.

I gotta disagree with the cutting meat comment. Cut meat and replacing it with vegetables usually means cutting protein. Protein fuels muscle growth. Lean muscle mass burns more calories that any other body part. My perfect weight is 180. (195 now.) I lose fat best by increasing protein and weight training. Also, I can never allow myself to feel hunger. Once I feel hunger, I'm like a addict searching the cabinets for something horrible to eat.
I was referring to the typical 12 oz steak baked potato and 1/2 cup of veggies that the average fat American considers a balanced diet.

Keto is far from a fad diet. Its how our ancestors ate for a lot longer than humans have been using glucose for energy. Its just super low carb. I dont agree with cutting meat, but carbs for sure.

I fully believe that different people benefit from different diets. Metabolism and activity levels are so different for each person that they owe it to themselves to find what works. People should give keto a shot if they can stick with it, its very hard to give up the delicious carbs. Lmao!

You are absolutely correct about cheating and gaining it back, just like low calorie or any other diet.

I was in a place where i needed to drop weight. When we met in Cherokee, I weighed 315lbs. I needed to make a change and so far keto is working for me.
Those ancestors lived about 30 years though.

My ancestors ate manna for 40 years. ?

I'll take the Mediterranean diet over all others.

Eddie, we say in Spain that the healthiest diet is to eat everything but not a lot of any, and to eat 6 times a day, but not a lot of quantity. IMHO, you need to walk a lot to help to change your metabolism. Also, IMHO, there is nothing like being happy, I find it so healthy....... so don’t be sorrow, you are the best as you are

You definitely don't want to do a Keto diet then, according to this article by two PHds, Protien is the least percent of intake with a Keto diet compared to other diets.

https://www.precisionnutrition.com/ketogenic-diet

Discussion starter · #54 ·
That is awesome Brother....keep it up

So I sat the OL down last night after she got home from work and went through a list of Yes and No.........and the No came out to be basically anything "processed or full of sugar".........so I got THAT going for me - Cool Ranch D's and a Beer.............Memories....of the way we were

Discussion starter · #55 ·
Eddie, we say in Spain that the healthiest diet is to eat everything but not a lot of any, and to eat 6 times a day, but not a lot of quantity. IMHO, you need to walk a lot to help to change your metabolism. Also, IMHO, there is nothing like being happy, I find it so healthy....... so don’t be sorrow, you are the best as you are
Fuck An Aye.........you are just a breath of Sunshine.......love it....... @James......take note ya big meanie!!!!

I agree man and that is what I am trying to do as well - Typical American Way is........"We Can Make That Bigger" and I am usually at the head of the line cheering "Yes We Can"..........

I also like your idea of walks ......need to get that part going too.....and our Dog agrees with me

I switched to Bison & no longer consume any beef, Bison is lower in fat, cholesterol & calories. I had to change because of AFIB plus I need to drop some pounds also. I order all our Bison online at BuckWild Bison & have it shipped to us, just google them for more information.Good Luck

Also portion control is the key!!!

About any diet will work if you stick with it. I did KETO for 3 months with decent results then had a visit from the gout fairy. Did the diet cause the gout? Who knows but some say too much red meat can cause gout. Every other thing they said can cause gout I hadn't done or had cut out a long time ago the only change was the huge increase eating meat.

If you think being fat sucks take gout for a spin and get back to me, I bet you'll tell me to pass the cookies LOL. I'm going back to eating whatever I want and counting calories! Good luck man!

I did the Keto diet about a year ago (with good results), and will probably do it again after the Holidays (dam weight Found me again).
This is what I found. It's great for the first couple of days, eating all the meat, cheese and mayo you want. But then the carb cravings hit.
The secret about Keto is that your body burns it's fat for energy and stabilizes your blood sugar, stable blood sugar = less carb cravings. As my blood sugar stabilized, I wasn't hunger and only wanted to eat 2 or 3 small meals a day. After a couple of weeks of strict Keto, I added a salad with diner. Tried to keep it under 20 grams of carbs a day. (sugar free pudding and Cool Whip are your friends).
Try getting some Keto strips. It's a small strip you piss on, it changes color and tells you how deep in ketosis you are. It gives you good feed back. You begin to understand how what you eat affects your fat loss.

*VERY IMPORTANT*, Make sure you're drinking fiber (fiber doesn't count as a carb). You will need this if you want to sit on the toilet without pain. :eek:

Good luck, it get easier!

I enjoy eating all the bad shit, BBQ with the extra rich molasses sauces, BEER, LOVE bread of all kinds, have a bad need for Bacon Cheeseburgers with TADA, BEER, Oh did I mention BEER? Highest carb loading stuff out there, Beer and I love them all from sweet ales to hoppy IPAs so at over 60 I am and have been fighting the gut as well the ass and heavy legs and so on. I also enjoy chocolate with my beer or whiskeys, I enjoy most ALL whiskeys, scotch, bourbon, Tennessee most ANY kind, again the stuff once it hits your system changes to sugars which is nothing but FAT. I cannot win but retired what the hell do I need to do with a twenty something appearing physique? I am a Old Fart, I am enjoying my Golden years and to hell with it as I know I am on the backside down hill side of life.

Good luck my friend and easy days in the saddle as well hoping for the best as you drop the pounds I will not.

41 - 60 of 133 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.