Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at Laughlin NV and for giggles had my bike dynoed for hp and torque no adjustment here is my dyno sheet

Attachments

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
What size motor and have you had any thing done to it. There not bad numbers at all

·
Registered
491 Posts
What size motor and have you had any thing done to it. There not bad numbers at all
His mods are listed in his signature.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Those are good stage 1 numbers but if you have all the mods in your signature something's off.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Numbers

Those are good stage 1 numbers but if you have all the mods in your signature something's off.
I DONT KNOW WHAT ARE GOOD NUMBERS HERE ARE A STOCK 96 CI This is a from a all stock 96ci FLHTCU (65.3 HP & 80 Lbs Torque) SO THE MINOR MODS I MADE INCREASED THE HP 82.28 AN INCREASE OF 16.98 HP AND INCREASE OF 21.51 OF TORQUE WHAT SHOULD THE NUMBERS BE ON MY BIKE?

·
Registered
27 Posts
It looks like that's a bolt in cam similar to the Woods 222, which I had in my 11 103. Great low end torque that falls off quick. Your numbers look OK. I would think you might get another 5-6 hp, but the torque number looks about right. It does look like you could use a good dyno tune to smooth those curves out. The tune might get those extra horse out.

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
I DONT KNOW WHAT ARE GOOD NUMBERS HERE ARE A STOCK 96 CI This is a from a all stock 96ci FLHTCU (65.3 HP & 80 Lbs Torque) SO THE MINOR MODS I MADE INCREASED THE HP 82.28 AN INCREASE OF 16.98 HP AND INCREASE OF 21.51 OF TORQUE WHAT SHOULD THE NUMBERS BE ON MY BIKE?
Your caps lock key is on, FYI.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You have ported S&S heads and their cam. You should see mid 90's horsepower and close to 110 torque. Ditch the ThunderMax and get a TTS and have a real tune put in. It will run night and day better.

PM StrayMutt. He has the same cams but is using stock heads. He just barely got his dyno tuned. You should see 3-5 points higher than him for both HP and TQ. His is a 96 as well.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wasn't trying to insult you. Thought you had a 103. As was said earlier though, with cams and ported heads on a 96 you should be somewhere in the mid 90's hp wise. I think you're only a good Dyno tune away from a noticeable bump in performance.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like that's a bolt in cam similar to the Woods 222, which I had in my 11 103. Great low end torque that falls off quick. Your numbers look OK. I would think you might get another 5-6 hp, but the torque number looks about right. It does look like you could use a good dyno tune to smooth those curves out. The tune might get those extra horse out.
I see you have mods to your bike i was thinkinging of doing to mine how do you like the lifter kit? What kind of hp and tq do you get with that upgrade

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
You won't get any improvement in hp/tq from a lifter kit. It may run quieter, and certainly will be more reliable with S&S lifters, but no power added.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Thx nsbohall im on my phone app and didn't think to look at that I appreciate you pointing that out for me

·
Registered
27 Posts
I see you have mods to your bike i was thinkinging of doing to mine how do you like the lifter kit? What kind of hp and tq do you get with that upgrade
The dyno on my 103 w/ the 222's and Dragos head work (CR ~10-1) got me 99 hp and 105 tq. This was with the Dragula 2 exhaust. Based on that, your numbers look to be about what would be expected minus a good dyno tune. I just got past break in with the build noted on my signature. I plan on having it dyno tuned soon, so I'll post the results. Based on what Frank Drago says, I should expect somewhere over 110 hp and somewhere over 120 tq. Franks a no BS guy who doesn't manipulate dyno numbers to make his stuff look good. I would highly recommend giving him a call. Again, no BS or big sales pitch. Just honest, knowledgable info. Good luck. BTW, the S&S lifters really did quiet down the valve train noise compared to the stock lifters. However, the echo from the intake (sounds like a cluck rather than a metal on metal tap) that results from the overlap of the more aggressive cam takes a bit of getting used to but it becomes white noise once you realize it's normal.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking for more

This dyno chart compares a stock 96" 2009 FLHT on the same bike with an S&S 106" Big Bore Top End Kit with CNC ported heads, S&S slip-on mufflers, performance intake, and two different cams. The middle curves represent the 106 with S&S 551 touring cams and S&S teardrop air cleaner on the stock 50mm throttle body. Great torque for performance touring applications. The top curves show the S&S 585 cams with a 58mm throttle body. The increased duration of the 585 reduces low and midrange torque, but the combination of more aggressive valve timing, higher lift and a larger throttle body significantly increases usable rpm and top end horsepower. A good choice for lighter bikes and racing applications. Both engines were tuned with Dynojet® Power Vision® Tuner. I PLANNED ON RUNNIMG S&S 635HO CAMS WITH THIS

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Looking for more

MY BIKE HAS NEVER BEEN WORKED ON BY HARLEY OR ANY OTHER SHOP I DO ALL THE WORK AT MY HOUSE SO SOMETIMES I HAVE TO LOOK ELSE WHERE FOR PERFORMANCE TIPS TO CONVERT MY 96CI TO A 106CI WITH HIGH VOLUME OIL PUMP AND CAMS GIVING IT AROUND 112 HP WILL COST ME UNDER 825.00

DAYTONA HIGH VOLUME HIGH PRESSURE OIL PUMP TC96 HARLEY TWIN CAM 2007-2013
US $124.95

S&S 106 Inch Big Bore Kits for Twin Cam (07-UP) $664.95

S&S Cycle SS Cycle - 33-5338 - Hydraulic Lifter Limited Travel Spacer 49-3870 US $18.73

TOTAL 808.63

PLUS SOME GASKETS

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
I don't really understand where you are going with this, or are you wanting advise on a new build, or are you wanting to fix what you have? You have the components for a nice build. Like I posted before, ditch the thundermax for a stock ECM and get a TTS tuner with a real dyno tune and you will be much happier. If you don't want to do that, then what kind of hp/tq goals are you looking for?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
491 Posts
Thx nsbohall im on my phone app and didn't think to look at that I appreciate you pointing that out for me
You're welcome.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I agree with Desertwndrr , ditch that Thundermax and get yourself a non piggyback tuner such as TTS or Direct Link. A good dyno "tune" will smooth out your #'s. Just to clarify, you already had a dyno "run", now get a dyno "tune".

·
Registered
830 Posts
I disagree strongly with the ditch the TM crowd. I can show you a dozen threads about folks who got poor dyno tunes, but nearly everyone who owns a TM likes it. A TTS or a SERT are only as good as the dyno tuner who works on your bike. Like everything in the world some are better than others. How sure are you of the guy near you?

My bike with no dyno tune pulls 94 hp and 106 ft/lbs, but far more important it runs great! It starts on the first or second rev every time, delivers smooth power everywhere in the band and to top it off I get around 43 mpg on the slab!

If I decide to change cams or do the heads all I have to do is load a close map and let the TM do its thing.

Do I help it sometimes? Sure, that is half the fun. If you are scared of computers or wrenching your own bike then the TM is probably not for you. In that case get a Power Vision from Fuel Moto and they will supply you with maps for life.

As I see it making sure your dyno chart gets the absolute max hp possible is only important on bar bikes. For touring bikes the important thing is how does the bike run?

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
What I see is a clutch slipping in your dyno sheet.

106 inch
551 and S&S port heads And exhaust with good tune.
The Tmax can be tuned 100% on dyno easy.....

Should be about 105 HP 115/118 tq

Did you upgrade your clutch? If so sorry I did not see it on posts here.

Was at Laughlin NV and for giggles had my bike dynoed for hp and torque no adjustment here is my dyno sheet

1 - 20 of 22 Posts