Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had black Heritage bars installed on my RGU today, what a difference! Look very sharp, got about 2 inches of pull back compared to stock, and very comfortable. You can adjust the height to suit your taste, but "rolling" the bars up or down had very little effect on the fore and aft position. I kept mine about the same height as stock, hands are still in the pocket (no wind).

Attachments

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
You going to get new black mirrors or maybe powder coat /paint the chrome ones ? Don't the chrome mirrors look out of place now ?
I'm starting my Handlebar job tomorrow (same as yours) and was just thinking about what to do with those chrome mirrors.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm gonna leave the mirrors as is. Lots of black in front already, I want the chrome in some areas to keep it shinny.

·
Registered
325 Posts
That's my debate too. I'm thinking of black heritage bars but what to do with the mirrors and levers. I thing some contrast is great but don't know the line in the sand. Black mirrors and chrome levers? Black levers and chrome mirrors? Change back and forth every month!

·
Registered
56 Posts
RGfan, Those bars look great!! I just installed +2" sweepers yesterday (I have the identical bike) and want those black bars!! What was your source and part #?

·
Registered
61 Posts

Black Heritage bars with black Tribal mirrors. About to swap to black levers. I went Tribal on the grips also. I think I want mostly black and let the ferrules and such really stick out. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,039 Posts
I'm gonna leave the mirrors as is. Lots of black in front already, I want the chrome in some areas to keep it shinny.
It's nice to have some chrome to shine and sparkle, but I'm finding it hard NOT to black out the bike since I put my black bars in (WO515b)...its like its got a mind of its own!
I'm leaning towards black grips, mirrors and levers...then I'm done...I think with the Black!
Bars looks great. Good luck not catching the "Black Plague" ;)

·
Registered
348 Posts
I'm going with the chrome Heritage bars, did you do the install? Dealer quoted me around $200 total for the bars and install.

·
Registered
395 Posts

Black Heritage bars with black Tribal mirrors. About to swap to black levers. I went Tribal on the grips also. I think I want mostly black and let the ferrules and such really stick out. Just a thought.
That's the same set-up I have. Blk Heritage bars, tribal mirrors and grips, and black levers. Then again, most of my bike is black.....as the wise federal prison poet Wes Snipes said "always bet on black"...

·
Registered
8,394 Posts
Here is what I ended up doing so far. I'm also going to use leather wraps for over the chrome levers. Russ Wernimont Designs Matte Black Diamond Mirrors,Black Harritage bars and Black ISO grips
As far as paying 2 bills for the handle bar job thats not a bad price. If you can change oil and follow instruction out of the HD. manual you can definitely do the job your self. The only problem child is runing the TBW through the new handlebars. I would sugest cutting out the little green connector inside the handle bar and soldering and heat shirnk wires together.

Attachments

·
Registered
745 Posts
Just had the Heritage bars and heated grips installed. WOW!!! What a difference!!!! It is so comfortable!!!! The heated grips are so hot!!!! Hotter than my old Wing :eek: This IS the best bike I have ever owned!!!!

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
I stopped by my local Harley Dealer (Quaid's) here. I asked for the estimate labor cost to install the Heritage Bars on my '09 RG.
They said $765. I said you must be out of your mind!!

·
Registered
951 Posts
That is crazy. I probably have the least wrenching ability of anybody on this site and I have changed out bars in less than an hour.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Heritage Style Handlebar - Satin Black - 55864-09 - US$61.20 from Zanotti

Do I need to also order the Twist Grip Sensor Kit - 32310-08 (another US$70.15)??:confused:

·
Registered
3 Posts
All you need are the bars. I installed them on both my 09 RGs in about 3 hours. I move slowly and carefully so as not to nick the wires on the throttle controller. Remove a few wire ties and everything will fit, and you back will thank you. Hope this helps

Heritage Style Handlebar - Satin Black - 55864-09 - US$61.20 from Zanotti

Do I need to also order the Twist Grip Sensor Kit - 32310-08 (another US$70.15)??:confused:

·
GONE BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
3,813 Posts
I got to check them out on a bike that the dealership had to mock up different H/B & seats. They were a bit more comfortable. Did the mirrors work any better?

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
All you need are the bars. I installed them on both my 09 RGs in about 3 hours. I move slowly and carefully so as not to nick the wires on the throttle controller. Remove a few wire ties and everything will fit, and you back will thank you. Hope this helps
It does help, thank you!

I just need to decide on chrome or black... I have been going back and forth between the two and can't make up my mind :rolleyes:

·
Registered
325 Posts
Finished my black Heritage bar installation last night. Went nice and easy 'cept for the fight my fairing tried to give on reinstallation but I won. Now it's time for black levers and mirrors.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Yeah... black it is... so it all disappears when you look at the bike.

Very nice!

Finished my black Heritage bar installation last night. Went nice and easy 'cept for the fight my fairing tried to give on reinstallation but I won. Now it's time for black levers and mirrors.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts