Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So if I decide to go with the Heritage bars (PN 55864-09), I will not need a new brake line or clutch cable? Will I need the 5" wire extension kit if I run the wires internally (PN 70198-07) and a twist grip sensor kit (PN 32310-08)? I'm just trying to figure out what the catalog is telling me and if the other parts are really necessary.

Thanks,

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I've been reading this forum and I don't know what I want to do! I guess I need to sit on it and measure what I need. The Heritage style bars may not be what I will want.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Bars & Sheilds are all individual and hard to tell............Size-reach-seat-all play a part........I installed the Heritage style on my 2012 because the stockers on my '06 didn't seem to fit..........I have had to roll the Heritage style down about 3" to get them comfortable.............Best thing to do is go to a dealer w/ a fitment area and get measured...........Tell-Tell for me is to sit on my bike-eyes closed hands in my lap.......Reach out & hold my hands where they are comfy (eyes still closed).....then see how far off your bars are & that will give you a good starting point.........
Good Luck in your search (BTW-Heritage style in my sig pic before I rolled them down.....)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
You need nothing. Remove the old and install the new. Adjust them till you like it and ride.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Not a ton of room in the heritage bars for internal wiring. It can be done but take your time. I'd buy something else for internal wiring. Beside that just R/R.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I don't need anything else, I may go ahead and give up the $80 and try it out.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just left the dealership and I'm not as impressed with the Heritage style bars as I thought I would be. We compared them to three different 2012 RGs and they are VERY similar. I took a look the stock dimensions vs. the Heritage dimensions and there is only a 1/2" difference in rise, 1 1/2" more pullback and 3/4" narrower. I don't think that is enough to justify buying them at this point.

Maybe there is more of a difference in the older RGs and the new bars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts