Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to put a different seat on my 06' and after trying my dad's Hammock seat I have realized that if I get a seat that moves me back (which would be great) I am going to have to do something about the bars because I'm reaching and leaning front. I have read about a lot of people going with Heritage style bars. My question is, does anyone have comparison pictures from stock to Heritage and do they bring the grips back a fair amount? Also, one last question that I think I found the answer to on here but want to make sure, will the Heritage style bars on Harley's site for 08+ bikes still work on the old 06' as Harley does not list a Heritage bar for the pre-08 bikes. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
If I remember correctly, the Heritage bars are +1.5" in rise and pullback, and have a slightly different grip angle. Doesn't sound like much, but it makes a big difference. Personally, I didn't like the grip angle.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I installed Khromeworks 2+2 sweepers - HUGE difference
The Khrome Werks are intriguing, the issue is that they do not have the holes drilled in them for the wiring holders on my bike and I am not looking to do internal wiring.

·
Registered
10,387 Posts
There's a great pic on the site that shows the two bars laying on top of each other on this site. The tbw bars will work on older bikes but the throttle side will be 1/2" shorter and notched , and your grip will over hang a little. Depending on your likes , I'd go with a 14" rise instead of the 12" the Heritage bars offer. They are way better the the stock bars tho.

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
I been running the Heritage style bars on my 08 for seven years and I love them.
The Heritage Style handlebars are more comfortable then the OEM bars. You also can't beat the fact that the price is right and all the stock wiring and cables fit too.
Yes the 08 and later bars will work on your bike and there is no problem with the throttle side.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Khrome Werks are intriguing, the issue is that they do not have the holes drilled in them for the wiring holders on my bike and I am not looking to do internal wiring.
Ok, on further research I may have assumed wrong and the Khrome Werks may in fact have the holes drilled for the stock external wire holders. Can anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
7,454 Posts
Any handlebar higher then 12 inches will need modifications to the wiring and cables/brake lines which adds to the cost.
I don't know if the Khrome Werks bars are pre-drilled but stay away from any bar that needs to be drilled or cut because this will cause a possible rust problem.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I will look tonight if I remember. Are you talking about where the plastic wire retainer would clip into?
Yup, that is what I'm after, I just dont like the idea of having zip ties around the bars.

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you're talking about a Harley bar, they are stainless steel, wont rust. Drilling a hole is pretty simple. The gripe angle is the pullback and it can make a big difference in 2 bars with the same rise. The stock 2015 bars have to much pullback for me [ long arms ] rise is fine . I'm going to change the pullback on my stock bars [ cut and weld ] but I may shorten them some, maybe an inch or 2 .

·
Registered
498 Posts
Heritage bars

I picked up a set of black heritage bars and tried them out, just sitting on the bike. The grips felt lower and closer than the stockers. I didn't like it but i'm tallish (6'1") with long arms, and I like to stretch out more which is why I went with the road glide in the first place. I have my stock bars rotated as far forward as they can go before the grip angle starts to turn in towards center. I'm looking for new bars with the same height but a more level grip placement.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I do really like the angle of the stock grips so for now the Heritage Bars may be out for me, but I'm still looking around. I like the idea of the Cycle Visions plus 2 bars since its basically Road Glide bars with 2 extra inches of rise. Is anybody running these that can give an opinion? bucketlisthd, I thought I saw a thread where you said you have these, any thoughts on them?

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Yes, I have them and they are perfect for me. The stock bars were close and I thought the Heritage bars would be ideal. Nope. The extra pullback and rise was too much. I couldn't dial them in. The grip angle was the real deal breaker. I ran them for a season and could not get used to them. The Cycle Visions are the perfect in between if you like the stock bend, which I do. Handlebars are a major pain in the butt. It doesn't take much of a change to make a huge difference. They're inexpensive to try.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, I have them and they are perfect for me. The stock bars were close and I thought the Heritage bars would be ideal. Nope. The extra pullback and rise was too much. I couldn't dial them in. The grip angle was the real deal breaker. I ran them for a season and could not get used to them. The Cycle Visions are the perfect in between if you like the stock bend, which I do. Handlebars are a major pain in the butt. It doesn't take much of a change to make a huge difference. They're inexpensive to try.
Do you have any seat changes with your bike? The stock bars, like you said are close to being ok, heck I've put 3,000 miles on them, but I'm looking right now to get the seat modified to move me back an inch as my legs could use a bit more space. I'm just looking for info so hopefully I can buy one set and be done and I want to make sure they will reach back to me far enough for comfort. The stock grip height that I have now is fine, I'm just looking to bring them back to me.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Definitely get your seat installed before trying to fit bars. Get that seat on.. you could roll your current bars back a little.. it really doesn't take much. Yes, it will alter the grip angle but only slightly.

I went from stock to tallboy seat... to Wild1 Chubbys Mini apes (WO612) and I'm so freaking comfortable now.

Anyway.. change the seat first then bar-shop or adjust current ones.

·
Registered
1,815 Posts
Do you have any seat changes with your bike? The stock bars, like you said are close to being ok, heck I've put 3,000 miles on them, but I'm looking right now to get the seat modified to move me back an inch as my legs could use a bit more space. I'm just looking for info so hopefully I can buy one set and be done and I want to make sure they will reach back to me far enough for comfort. The stock grip height that I have now is fine, I'm just looking to bring them back to me.
I ran them with a stock seat and now with a Mustang seat. I think it sits me up and foward a bit. I just rolled the bars up. If you like the stock grip height, you can roll the Cycle Visions back, using the rise as pullback. That was my plan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.