Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 12' custom and was wondering how much up and back the heritage style bars would change the position. I just came back from a couple of long days and a couple inches back and a bit higher would be nice. Thanks.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sounds about right. I would like to back away from my foot controls but my arms are reaching even though I have the bars tilted back some.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I was looking at a set today... thanks for this thread... I won't need them. I have long arms, and I don't need my hands any closer.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I was looking at a set today... thanks for this thread... I won't need them. I have long arms, and I don't need my hands any closer.
The heritage bars could be tilted forward some and would raise your hands without changing your reach, kind of like a mini ape hangar just not at shoulder height

·
Registered
329 Posts
The heritage bars could be tilted forward some and would raise your hands without changing your reach, kind of like a mini ape hangar just not at shoulder height
Thanks, but I'd like my hands 2 inches lower.

I don't like apes... all my bikes have had drag bars.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I installed mine 2 weeks ago right before a 1400 mile trip, after riding it for a day, I ended up pushing them forward about 2". MUCH better than the stock bars. I never would have made it through the trip with the stock bars.
Still tinkering a little with the bar position but well worth it, plus the bars were only $72.50 :D

·
Registered
6,572 Posts
I just had my heritage bars installed I would say about 2" higher and 2" back I took a two hour ride immediately after and it was a huge difference
2 1/2 up and 2 1/2 back

Thanks, but I'd like my hands 2 inches lower.

I don't like apes... all my bikes have had drag bars.
Heritage style handlebars are not even close to apes!

How is the wrist angle compared to stock?
Wrist angle is a lot better IMO

·
Registered
465 Posts
How tall are you guys that find these bars so comfortable?

·
Registered
125 Posts
How tall are you guys that find these bars so comfortable?
I'm 6-1 and have them set as they would be from the factory. This is my third bike using these bars when I had my road king I noticed that the bars in mine were different from those on a Police RK or flhtp did the research and found that they were heritage bars.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Put mine on a week ago and it is an amazing difference. I'm 5'11", 32" inseam and the stock bars had me reaching for them even after I lowered them. They gave me some shoulder problems on long rides. With the heritage bars I feel like I'm in a lounge chair and I'm still adjusting the position. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345634171.333867.jpg

·
Registered
91 Posts
If Heritage Style is "Just not enough"

I did alot of research and asked alot of questions about the Heritage Style Bar. Many believed it was the cats meow compared to stock many also said It was better but WISH they had something with "alittlemore" pullback or height.

I ended up going with the Khrome Werks "Stretch" Heritage bars. They are 2" taller then Heritage Style Bars from HD.

Here is my original post with pics.

http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=21619

Just another option and it was the best option for me.

Frank

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
As I was leaning on my backrest on my last trip, I had my fingers hooked around my bars with my hand open and it was just about perfect that way. I think that would be about 2" back max. I don't want to move the backrest ahead any because it would cramp up the foot controls. Its a FLTRX and I'm about 6' with 32" inseam. I'd rather not change cables either.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm 5'10 and don't like the stock bars but it looks like those of you that love are 6' and over. I thought the windshield decision was the toughest....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts