Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, bought the bars yesterday and tackled installation today myself, Couldn't of done or better said would not have attempted without the 2 wonderful Tutorial Stickeys from Wachuko AND Dunk, Gotta give them a big shought out and thanks , they made this job easy, 2 hrs exactly without a hitch, didn't have to take side Nacelles off as you can snip away enough plastic to access the 2 bottom bolts on the handlebars and the Speedo, Tach covers it up when reinstalled, hell even the Outer Fairing didn't give me any troubles going back on. just sitting on the bike I can feel the difference so now it's time for the test ride, I'll let you know how it went.

Handlebars 76.50 out the door with my LAMA discount

Labor 2hrs. of my time

Tools $0.00 had everything I needed which wasn't much

SELF SATISFACTION OF GETTING THE JOB DONE AND NOT HAVING TO PAY THE SERVICE DEPT 2HRS. + LABOR CHARGE

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Ok, bought the bars yesterday and tackled installation today myself, Couldn't of done or better said would not have attempted without the 2 wonderful Tutorial Stickeys from Wachuko AND Dunk, Gotta give them a big shought out and thanks , they made this job easy, 2 hrs exactly without a hitch, didn't have to take side Nacelles off as you can snip away enough plastic to access the 2 bottom bolts on the handlebars and the Speedo, Tach covers it up when reinstalled, hell even the Outer Fairing didn't give me any troubles going back on. just sitting on the bike I can feel the difference so now it's time for the test ride, I'll let you know how it went.

Handlebars 76.50 out the door with my LAMA discount

Labor 2hrs. of my time

Tools $0.00 had everything I needed which wasn't much

SELF SATISFACTION OF GETTING THE JOB DONE AND NOT HAVING TO PAY THE SERVICE DEPT 2HRS. + LABOR CHARGE

PRICELESS!!!!!!!!
I did mine the same way, snip snip... The local dealer quoted me 5 hours. F That!!! I did it myself in about 2.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup just got back from the test ride and it's amazing how much of a difference a inch or two can make either way, love it and just in time for some serious riding this weekend during Biktoberfest down here. May not look as good as PY Monkee bars but they do the trick for the price and I can always drop iit on 10 inch ones down the road, and I'm happy for now , you know how that goes LOL.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Planning on the same change soon. I definately will check out those tutorials.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hamer007, can you give me your part # for the bars you installed. My dealer gave me part # 56623-99 and had them in stock. Would like to know if these are the correct ones for my 2006 Roadglide.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The part # for my bars were 56902-08 which are set up for FBW throttle. Given you have an 06 you can probably get away with the standard Heritage Softail replacement bars which is Part # 56623-99 , check with the dealer just in case but they should work and are 10.00 dollars cheaper.

·
Registered
765 Posts
handlng?

I too have been thinking about installing the heritage bars.... did they affect your riding style at all. I like to lean hard and wonder if the "laid back" result in posture will affect cornering aggression???? :confused:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So far it has not affected the way I corner, however I have the bars up high, they run in line with forks, Just like the Moto Cops run theirs on their RoadKings. These are the bars they use on the Police RK's. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks Hamer007. That is the part # I picked up yesterday. Hope to install on Monday. Looking forward to a more comfortable ride position.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I too have been thinking about installing the heritage bars.... did they affect your riding style at all. I like to lean hard and wonder if the "laid back" result in posture will affect cornering aggression???? :confused:
Here is a side shot of them installed, hope it helps

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks Hamer007. That is the part # I picked up yesterday. Hope to install on Monday. Looking forward to a more comfortable ride position.

Glad to hear it, follow the Tutorial here on the forum and it should go smooth, However do the Snipping on the Nacelle to expose the bottom 2 bolts and you don't have to take the ignition or the Nacelle off saves you at least a 1/2 hr. and there is still plenty of room to work in. if done right the Speedo and Tach cover it up when reinstalled. also posted a pic so you can see from the side how they look

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a 2013 RGC that I installed a set of Roland Sand Designs handle
Bars on. It's still not right, what's the difference between the stock
And the heritage bars

·
Registered
74 Posts
Congrats on doing the install yourself, I'm sorry to say I paid the dealer to do mine. For those of you thinking about the Heritage bars, depending on your size you may want to consider the KromeWerk Heritage Stretch bars. I had the Harley regular Heritage on my 2008 and put over 70k on them and was happy with them. I was about to install them on my 2013 when another forum member suggested I look at the KromeWerk, they are pretty much the same except they have about 2" more pull back. For my size, 5'10" with a 33" sleeve these were way better.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Congratulations on the install.

I too did mine myself and am pleased that I did.

For those considering doing this themselves -

Here is a link to my install, which, includes the tutorial links.
http://www.roadglide.org/showthread.php?t=32261

Here is a gif I made from two pictures I took during the installation showing the difference in the stock bars and the heritage bars.
(Heritage bars in the picture with the fairing OFF).

·
Super Moderator
10,239 Posts
see that wasnt hard and you saved yourself a bunch a cash

just take your time and if ya get frustrated walk away for a few minutes

when my wife wanted her bars swapped out a couple years ago they quoted eight hours :eek:

I did mine just over a year ago ( Khrome werkx 2+2 sweepers ), mighta had two hours in it

Congrats

JtB

1 - 18 of 18 Posts