Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I am new to the forum and have been looking thru the Controls and Handlebars area trying to resolve an issue I have with my 2010 Road Glide. The handlebars (stock) suck and I want to go to the Heritage Style bars.

But my issue is that I am getting conflicting information from the Different HD Dealerships I have called. It states in the Fitment for the Heritage BArs Part Number 55864-09 "Fits '08-later FLHR, FLHRC, FLTR and FLTRX models. All models require separate purchase of additional components. Does not fit '08 ABS-equipped models. Does not fit models with Sidecar, Heated Hand Grips with internal switch wiring, Hydraulic Clutch Kits, Handlebar Mounted Gauges, or Road Tech™ Riser Mount Radio."

Now on my stock bars I have the 56512-08A Heated Grips and the Diamondback Clutch & Brake Lines; so the only issue I have is whether on not my heated grips will work on the Heritage Bars. Now according to some dealers they will and some say no, I would have to lose my Heated Grips. That does not make sense to me. The only thing in the stock handlebars is the wiring for the TBW and the Grips, so if those bars are the same diameter and setup, won't it be the same?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this....

·
Registered
96 Posts
On my 2010 FLTRX I have the heritage bar and H-D heated grips. No problems at all. Works great, and puts my hands right where I want them to be. No more reaching for the grips.

·
Registered
4 Posts
good question about the ABS. I put heritage bars on my 07 RG with no problems. I just purchased a 2010 Rg and need to change the bars out. The HD book has Road Glide bars 55862-09. Are they the same height/rise ,pull back as the Heritage bar 56902-08 ? The book doesn't state the rise on the heritage bars.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The 56902-08 Bars are the same specs as the Heritage Touring Bars 55864-09, Rise is 12".

As far as the ABS fitment, it looks like it will work on ABS models; just not 08's. Not sure why though.

I have them installed now and love them, should have some pictures today sometime. But had to do a warranty on my heated grips, evidently HD has been having a ton of problems with the control unit side going out. My part number has been superceded 5 times since January.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So here is a question..
I have an '01 FLTR. I was looking to add the hydraulic clutch option... If i do this will the Heritage bars not work in my situation?

Have to do something... Road 30 miles today and my back and right hand were numb by the time I got home..

Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts