Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hope you can help me out. Monday morning I'm going down to Chandler Harley Davidson and they're going to install a set of CFR pipes which I really really want! And we're also doing a bar change. We're going to install a set of heritage style and I emphasize the word style. My question is how much taller then the factory bars will be heritage bars be? I went and sat on a new Road Kingtoday to see how the bars with teal they seem to feel pretty good. But again my question is how much taller overstock are the Heritage towel bars, are they wider than the road Light Factory bars, and do they pull back farther then the factory roguelike bars. I'm sure that there is somebody in this forum that has done the exact same thing. And I would like some feedback regarding this modification. Thanks in advance Larry.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I put Heritage bars on my '06 and my '11. I like the feel of this bar. they are maybe an inch taller but around 2-3 inches more pull back at the end of the bar. It's a Nice comfortable angle for me. Didn't have to change anything else. Hope you like it !

·
Registered
43 Posts
I just put the roadking reduced reach bars on my 13 ultra a week ago. Rode all day last Sunday and again this past Friday and Saturday and was quite comfortable. I'm not sure on the heritage bars, but I've read on here that they are a very popular bar that a lot of riders use. I'm 5'9 and the reduced reach bars worked good for me, just my two cents, may be another option for you to look into. No changes to cable lengths ect. I wanted something simple with no hassles and these bars fit the bill. Hope this helps, good luck with your choices.:)

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
I put Heritage bars on my '06 and my '11. I like the feel of this bar. they are maybe an inch taller but around 2-3 inches more pull back at the end of the bar. It's a Nice comfortable angle for me. Didn't have to change anything else. Hope you like it !
I agree with the above. I have my H Bars more up right.
It puts my hands just about shoulder level when comfortably seated. Great fit.

Here is a side by side comparison of the stock bars and Heritage bars.
Notice the concrete line at the bottom of the bars. Shows the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts