Road Glide banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing a set of the Hertz 165XL speakers I bought from a fellow forum member here. I've had the fairing on and off several times now, so generally this is no big deal; but, I'm having a bugger of a time with these new speakers.

I know others have installed these speakers successfully. I'm reusing 6.5" adapters I had with thinner speakers that are about 1 1/8" deep; are folks using something thinner maybe ?

Think I'll knock off for tonight and see what wisdom comes in; try again tomorrow. :)

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I had a hell of a time getting my faring back on when I switched to hertz. Just keep turning the adapters. It will fit. For mine I ended up with the thickest part of the adapter on top.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Yes they will fit, that is what I used. Just keep trying they will fit. Probably need to change the orientation.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Sorry. Yes that worked. I had the adapters rotated outward, which worked on the thinner Focal's I had. I tried down; didn't work. All the way inward was the ticket. I really thank you guys. Obvious though it was it might not have occurred to me.

So I replaced my $130 Focals with the Hertz XL's. It sounds night and day better (base, clarity, volume) even though I'm still using the PBR300x4 I had. That's the next thing to be upgraded; just looking for a good deal on a Biketronics or Hawg Wired amp.

Now I'm struggling that POS Kuryakyn windshield trim; but, that's a story for a different forum area :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts