Road Glide banner

Hertz 6.5 or JM 7.25

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok just want to say that I have read literally hundreds of threads on multiple forums. I also realize that everyone has there personal preference. I am looking to upgrade my speakers with NO amp at this time. I am torn between the Hertz 6.5 and the JM 7.25 both are around the same price. Wondering if you were in my shoes what would you do?

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
I got the j&ms from drvtwin and am very happy! He has a great price and I have no amp.
Many of us here have the J&Ms :) with no amp.

He has a price request thread on here.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Hertz vs JM

I have the JM speakers with the amp; the reason for the amp is I am hard of hearing and always wear ear plugs. I got the plug and play package from Dr V and they matched the best price I could find. I am very happy with what I have and the service from Dr V.

·
Registered
74 Posts
without a amp, you wont notice a huge difference. i have a arc mini amp and 4 hertz speakers. i find myself turning it down cause its so loud.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am not looking to make my ears bleed with high volume levels, just want to get away from the "clock radio" sound if you know what I mean. I have never heard either one of these combos in person. So I am gonna base my decision on feedback and hope I make the right choice.

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
without a amp, you wont notice a huge difference. i have a arc mini amp and 4 hertz speakers. i find myself turning it down cause its so loud.
I disagree with this, for me it's about 50% louder than stock without amp. You can always get the speakers and if they aren't loud enough, get the amp. Also,loudness Might depend On your windshield. :D:D

·
Registered
52 Posts
I did like you and went with what was poplar and that was the J&M, I installed them Saturday morning, with all the talk they do sound better than the factory speakers, but not by much, for me I gonna get an amp and Im sure I'll be happier. and it also depends what your playing (Ipod,Iphone, cd, xm radio etc, makes a big difference.
Good luck with your choice

·
Registered
52 Posts
I also installed wind deflectorthat fits in between the tank and forks and I could hear the speakers better...it helps

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I got the J&M speakers and think they are louder than stock without an amp too. I can now turn my radio up to about 60% and hear the radio doing 70-80MPH.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
for everyone with the JM 7.25 what do you have the bass setting on the HK set at? Do the speakers put out any bass, or does it sound like a loud clock radio? How loud can you go with the volume with the bass turned up?

·
Super Moderator
4,274 Posts
for everyone with the JM 7.25 what do you have the bass setting on the HK set at? Do the speakers put out any bass, or does it sound like a loud clock radio? How loud can you go with the volume with the bass turned up?

My bass is 3/4 the way up. You can go all the way but usually don't need too unless you want strange looks from cars. Guys riding in back of me says it sound good too :D:D

·
Registered
918 Posts
J & M 7.25" here without an amp.
MP3 music is clearer than stock.....LOTS clearer, no need to crank up
the volume to hear it, as half way is plenty loud.
Purchased mine from Dr Vtwin....

·
Registered
101 Posts
Maybe you could add a "just looking" option. I can't see how the vote is going and don't want to screw up the vote just to see. I am looking to upgrade my audio as well.

Just a thought....

edit: ok. feeling a little stupid now. I didn't see the "view poll results" link undeneath the poll.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Has anyone heard the Hertz 6.5 and the JM 7.25 together to compare?
Thats something I would like to hear in person to compare as well. I love my 7.25's with the J&M amp, but have heard a lot of good things about the Hertz. Never heard the Hertz in person.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts