Road Glide banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has seen any vendors at the larger rallies selling/installing Hertz speakers. I've seen Focals at the Lone Star Rally (Soundz Customs), but I've never seen anyone selling Hertz. I have the Hawg Wired six pack system on my bike at the moment but I'm wanting to keep my amp and replace the speakers with either Focal or Hertz. I've heard the Focals but I've never heard the Hertz. Also wondering if the RS400 amp (100 watts rms pr channel) is enough to drive the Hertz. I'll be going to Sturgis this year and was hoping I might be able to find some there.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Come to Shark Week in Kerrville, you'll have plenty of opportunities to hear some Hertz.

For instance, I'm running two pair of Hertz 165HCXs driven by two RS400s.

·
Super Moderator
12,334 Posts
Come to Shark Week in Kerrville, you'll have plenty of opportunities to hear some Hertz.

For instance, I'm running two pair of Hertz 165HCXs driven by two RS400s.
I agree, I have the HSK XL's and HCX690's with RS400 amps. Both Focal and Hertz are great speakers, I've had both. IMO Hertz is a little easier on the pockets for the same quality. :cool:

·
Registered
700 Posts
I agree, I have the HSK XL's and HCX690's with RS400 amps. Both Focal and Hertz are great speakers, I've had both. IMO Hertz is a little easier on the pockets for the same quality. :cool:

Will the HCX165's fit the Rushmore upper fairings?

Not sure how I'd mount the tweeters if trying to use the HSK 165XL.

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
There will be all kinds of setups to hear. That will give you a good idea as to what sounds the best to you since they will all be in Road Glides and not on some sound board.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies. All my vacation time is locked in on other dates, but I may be able to take 1 or 2 days to get by shark week. If it looks like I can make it I will try to contact some of you and see if we could meet up there somewhere.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Hey Guys I'm interested and in Texas when is Tx shark week ?

How about now? :) seriously lots of folks are on the way there now, and it officially starts tomorrow.

There's a forum section called 'Road Glide Gathering'. You can find all the info there. I'd provide a link for you, but I'm on my phone.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts