Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
newbie here. just picked up a 2015 road glide special.. had a 07 streetglide for years. now I have to learn about this road glide. is anyone here with a 2015 RG using these speakers. does anyone know if "Hertz HCX 165 6.5" speakers fit on this bike without any rings or brackets. can I just take stock speakers out and put the Hertz in without any rings or brackets. also will stock grill fit with the Hertz. installed.. speakers are easy to come out. no need to take fairing off.

·
Administrator
12,659 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Florida. I'll pm you some information that may help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
You won't need any rings or brackets for 6.5 speakers in the fairing slots that I'm aware of. You could likely run into clearance issues with the stock grilles. I did with my Infinity 62.11i's.

Also, be careful purchasing Hertz speakers. They are one of the most counterfeited brands in audio.

·
Registered
120 Posts
You won't need any rings or brackets for 6.5 speakers in the fairing slots that I'm aware of. You could likely run into clearance issues with the stock grilles. I did with my Infinity 62.11i's.

Also, be careful purchasing Hertz speakers. They are one of the most counterfeited brands in audio.
What did you do to fix the clearance issues? I just ordered those speakers to replace my fairing speakers. I am curious as to what you did.

Thanks
AV

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks Dirt for the info. I did not know about the counterfeit Hertz. I was looking into the Infinity 62.11i's. but I did read that people were having trouble with the stock grills. that's why I was looking at the Hertz. how did you get around the grill issue if you don't mind me asking. thanks again for he heads up on the Hertz..

·
Registered
90 Posts
I haven't completely resolved them yet. Turned the tweeters 180° and that helped a bunch. Took a Dremel to the ribs on the inside of the grill and pretty sure that took care of clearance problems with the tweeters. Still can't get the bottom inside tabs of the grills to completely snap into place.
I have read that you can use the Boom grills but they're a little pricey. I have also read of guys not having any clearance issues.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Already ruined one audio forum. Not happy unless you send another one down the crapper???

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
I would use this special 2015 RoadGlide ROKKER XX speaker kit from J&M http://www.jmcorp.com/ProductDetail.asp?ProductID=HRRK-6652TW-RXX ,,,,

and with the special J&M/R/G forums VIP discount, the fed ex ground delivered price is significantly reduced ,,,,,

send email to [email protected] for the J&M/R/G Forums VIP promo code ,,,,

389 bucks for just speakers??! Am I missing something here. Do people actually pay that much. I bought an amp, head unit, and speakers for that much.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
JMJOHN
1,038 Posts
laxinharley ,,,,,,

hey I understand ,,,, if the J&M speaker offerings are a bit too pricey for your taste, there are certainly other brands out there ,,,,

I just wanted to make sure that you were aware of the J&M options ,,,,,

·
Registered
784 Posts
I made the J&M mistake before, won't ever do it again. I'm not going to say they're crap - but you can get a whole lot more for a whole lot less $$$$$.

When I get some other stuff done and audio moves back up the priority list I wouldn't put J&M in my bike again if they gave it to me for free and sent someone to my house to install it. Well ok, I'd let them do that, but as soon as they left I'd sell it on fleabay and use the money to buy some good stuff.

·
Registered
90 Posts
If it was free and he still wouldn't use it, that pretty much throws price out of the equation.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Bottom line, there are tons of audio equipment that perform better than the "motorcycle only" stuff at the same price point. What you pay extra for is all the R&D involved with making something plug and play. The audio forums are full of folks who scrapped motorcycle only equipment for a better product once they got over the intimidation of some minor mods to make car audio stuff work.

John, your protected on this forum because your a sponsor. No one can come into your threads and recommend other brands or the mods step in. Have some class and stay off this unless you have a valid opinion on the Hertz HCX-165 mentioned in the title.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I haven't completely resolved them yet. Turned the tweeters 180° and that helped a bunch. Took a Dremel to the ribs on the inside of the grill and pretty sure that took care of clearance problems with the tweeters. Still can't get the bottom inside tabs of the grills to completely snap into place.
I have read that you can use the Boom grills but they're a little pricey. I have also read of guys not having any clearance issues.
thanks Dirt for the info. guess I am holding off on the Hertz, and Infinity for now.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
guys, I am not looking to cause any problems here. just wanted to know about the Hertz speakers and if they would fit. also was looking at the infinity speakers but read what Dirt was saying about the grill clearance. and JMjohn thanks but I don't have 400 beans to blow on speakers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts