Road Glide banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a set of Hertz speakers -HCX 165- from Phat Performance at what seems is the best price I could find ( $209 with shipping ) , A local dealer quoted me a price of $299 plus tax. Should I be concerned that these might be a off brand copy of the Hertz speakers ?? The price seems too good to be true!! I've ordered from them before and have been very happy with their service and quality of products so I figuered I was safe. Chris

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are not what you would call marine grade, but from what I've read they are very durable and able to handle the weather due to their construction /materials used. Just can't hold the hose over them during a wash down from what is posted on the net.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Holy crap that's a deal! The only thing I could see as a problem is if you have a warranty issue and they aren't an authorized dealer. Might have to check with Hertz regarding that.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
353 Posts
Are they a brick and mortar store or Internet? I have a full hertz system in my car and worked at a shop. Hertz doesn't allow Internet sales. So if you buy them that way they might not be real or if they are they might not be covered by warranty

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm aware of the warranty not being upheld by Hertz, but I would have only received a 1 year warranty if purchased from the local dealer. Phat Performance has been around for awhile, so I can't see them knowingly advertising them as Hertz and having them be a copy. When they get here does anyone know how to spot a copy? Keeping my fingers crossed until they arrive!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts