Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the difference other than the tweeters and crossovers? Are the woofers the same? Or what’s the difference in the woofers?

·
Registered
753 Posts
Frequency response is different and ratings as well. Sensitivity is slightly higher on 1650.3, not sure about physical differences in construction etc.

I have the 1650.3 and have heard the 165.3 albeit with a different amp. Maybe I'm a little biased but it's a very noticeable difference to me. The 165.3 aren't a bad speaker by any definition, but the 1650.3 gets louder and to my ears are more clear and full sounding and hit harder in the lower frequencies. I could have lived with the 165.3 but would have been looking for more after awhile. I knew I was happy with the 1650.3 the instant I installed them before the amp was even tweaked in.

·
Registered
753 Posts
How about the ML 1650.3 is it same woofer as the MLK 1650.3 uses?

To the best of my knowledge the K just designates it as part of a kit.

I run them on a diamond audio micro 4V2 bridged.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Reasons I asked what’s difference is, was that the ML 1650.3 says 125 watts RMS 250 Peak vs MLK 1650.3 says 150 watts RMS 300 peak

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m also pondering Biketronics BT4180.14 and take my MLK 1650.3 Legends pit of my vehicle and put them into the fairing. The tweeters are the issue unless I change grills to hogtune grills and cut a hole center on 6.5’s and mount it like that in the grills but my thought is will is the grills hold it?

·
Registered
753 Posts
I’m also pondering Biketronics BT4180.14 and take my MLK 1650.3 Legends pit of my vehicle and put them into the fairing. The tweeters are the issue unless I change grills to hogtune grills and cut a hole center on 6.5’s and mount it like that in the grills but my thought is will is the grills hold it?

The hog tunes metal grills work very well. Every tweeter I’ve seen has been mounted top left for right grill and top right for left grill. I posted pics previously.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Here is another option for grills, looks like its gonna be awhile before there ready and little pricey. They are geared towards horns but could work for tweeters.

Attachments

·
Registered
753 Posts
Here is another option for grills, looks like its gonna be awhile before there ready and little pricey. They are geared towards horns but could work for tweeters.

Interesting. Is that American hardbagger or someone else?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I get like this it would fill out our hearts into it and stuff which would have a whole 1.89 inches to fit into it I want to how much these cost and where do you get them?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts