Road Glide banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help... Just bought an ARC Audio 600.4 amp and a set of Hertz MLK165.3 speakers. I have the fairing off and headlight out at this point. I can't see where the MLCX 165 crossovers are going to fit. Could use a little guidance. Thanks.

·
Registered
752 Posts
If they are the same huge ones that come with the 1650.3 the unfortunate answer is tour Pak or bags. Other than that you’ll need to go with something else for a crossover. I use the DD TXO cheapos, small and work fine. Both fit in one cubby with Velcro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Optimistic This One Is.....

That was my first thought but once the ARC 600.4 goes in there won't be room. These cross-overs are huge (5.7x4.5.1.6).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Bigger Not Always Better..LOL

Look, there's room next to the amp.
Not sure how big they are but would the sit on top of the headlight in front of the radio?
The Hertz 1650 cross-overs are about 5.7x4.5x1.6 the ARC PSM shown in the video is only 1.4x3.75x3. I'm going to have to go with something like the XTC cross-over that HeavyMetal used, the DD CX02 or something on that line. If I had a pre-Rushmore bike I'd have all sorts of room, the side/top vents changed that.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I finally had a chance to get at the bike and install the MLK 165.3's! I had to get really creative as to where I was going to fit these massive crossovers. I removed the speaker PODS to install the woofers, and you do have to cut out roughly 1.25" X 2"'s out of the POD where the Magnet sits in the speaker POD, to make them fit. These crossovers fit above the air vents on an angle underneath the factory radio metal brackets, it is a tight fit, I didn't need any cable ties to secure them in, once I had the headlight back in place, these are not going to move!!
Well worth all the effort, awesome mid/low bass from the woofer, wish there were a little more high's, but haven't had a chance to ride yet due to Snow, again!! There is a ton of low end, so I think these will balance out once I get rolling. But will post back after the road test!

·
Registered
446 Posts
I have Hertz MLK 1650.3 Legends in mine and I use custom XTC crossovers they are 3 1/8 square and 1” to 1.5” high. I could not get the Hertz crossovers in. To big period. So I had custom crossovers made. Their hooked up this was when I was testing them out before hooking them perminatly up.

11209DD0-BE26-4ABC-9475-E9FF83FF7074_1573476926055.jpeg

And 2 fit in front fairing cubby holes easily. These run the rear pods.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I run the Mille Legends myself and yes those two crossovers are huge. As large as some amps. I opted for a Fosgate DSR 1 from Garage Baggers. They pre-programmed it with the correct cross overs for the Legends. I just wired it up with no other tuning. Of course there is plenty to mess with if you want to get into it. The DSR 1 has a small footprint so it’s easy to find a place to mount it and it sounds great. Just my two cents anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts