Road Glide banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had a new amp installed and I blew my speakers (my own fault). My old speakers were Hertz DCX-165s. This morning I had a new set of Hertz MPX165s installed! I can honestly say, that these are the best sounding speakers that I have ever had on the bike. In the past, I have had stock, Hog Tunes, and J&M speakers. These sound awesome and will be able to handle the power from my amp as well. They were also on sale too! Got a great deal overall!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to hear about Your Old Speakers but glad that You're Happy with the New Set Up.
By the way, which new Amp did you install ?
Mike U.
I went with a JL Audio MX280/4. It's a good amp with plenty of power and I got it at a great price. It replaced my old J&M Rokker amp. I got almost 12 years out of it, so I really couldn't complain.

It was my own fault when I blew the speakers. It occurred when I was using Pandora, which required me to turn up the volume on the head unit to hear my music better. When I switched back to USB2, the volume was way higher than I normally keep it and it only took two seconds to destroy my DCX165's. :wink:

I only have the two fairing speakers on my Road Glide and I can hear the music just fine, even under heavy throttle from my S&S 124 with a Thunderheader 2 into 1. :wink:

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
You defiantly moved up with the JL amp.

·
Registered
753 Posts
Night and day for sure from the old system. Great sound quality from JL, really like that amp. Just curious if you set gains with a meter, how many watts did you get out of the amp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts