Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys - just finished a RK to RG conversion. I'm running a double din with Hertz HCX 6.5's in the fairing...how the hell do i get these things to fit?? the magnets are HUGE! I just ran to a local audio store and picked up some polk 5.25 for the meantime so I can ride with something...but i would really like to get all the Hertz speakers installed...any suggestions? this is my first fairing bike so i'm new to setting up the audio..here's some pics of how it came out...thanks

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
I've seen guys install the adapter rings in wrong and it put the speaker to high. My Spl's clear fine. And they have a bigger magnet than the Hcx

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok maybe i f'ed up the adapter rings...seemed like the outer wasn't gonna fit back on

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
What adapters are you using? I seen a bike last week that a guy had ordered a cheap set and the fairing wouldn't fit on. So he used a grinder on the top side. Looks real nice (sarcasm), but it clears now. I'll take a pic of mine for ya later today. My fairing is off as we speak

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have the arc audio adapters...i tried emailing/calling hard ride audio for their adapters but never heard back from those guys...a pic would definitely help man appreciate the help!

·
Registered
8,759 Posts
I head there were some fake AA adaptors being sold on flee bay. Guy was complaining about figment also.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The ebay cheap ones are too thick.
you have to rotate them 180 degrees from normal and grind clearance to make them fit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
hey guys - just finished a RK to RG conversion. I'm running a double din with Hertz HCX 6.5's in the fairing...how the hell do i get these things to fit?? the magnets are HUGE! I just ran to a local audio store and picked up some polk 5.25 for the meantime so I can ride with something...but i would really like to get all the Hertz speakers installed...any suggestions? this is my first fairing bike so i'm new to setting up the audio..here's some pics of how it came out...thanks

That's a Hot lookin Ride you got there..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts