Road Glide banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
added amp to my rgs and some cs65 kickers to update stereo for time being , amp bridged in 4ohm load with do 2x150 rms ,

I was suggested that these sv165.1 speakers would handle my wattage and sound awesome , but there a midrange speaker and just wonder if that's gonna give me the best sound comparied to a co axil speaker like I have , I don't wanna cut any holes in the bike as it new so a tweeter add on is not an option ....

just looking for any input on these speakers , or some you guys are using at the wattage level .....

cus these kickers aint gonna last long like this lol ...

· Registered
4,839 Posts
Call DA Performance... They are Hertz gurus. You could also go on the Hertz site and find a dealer close to you. The SV165.1 is a PA style, full range driver (think DJ speaker or Loud speaker) they are routinely used in full range mode but can be crossed over on high pass as suggested previously. As you mentioned they are usually paired with a horn tweeter. Willy B on here has that type set up. Send him a PM and pick his brain.

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys , that was my concern , and I know a lot of time people base things off certain name brands and that's why I didn't want to get in to that pissing match ,
But I can defiantly adjust the speakers to that settings , there are a few dealers here in St. Louis , but in the audio room they all sound great and most all the time there paired with a horn of some sort, so that was my concern.

· Registered
963 Posts
added amp to my rgs and some cs65 kickers to update stereo for time being , amp bridged in 4ohm load with do 2x150 rms ,

I was suggested that these sv165.1 speakers would handle my wattage and sound awesome , but there a midrange speaker and just wonder if that's gonna give me the best sound comparied to a co axil speaker like I have , I don't wanna cut any holes in the bike as it new so a tweeter add on is not an option ....

just looking for any input on these speakers , or some you guys are using at the wattage level .....

cus these kickers aint gonna last long like this lol ...

I'm running 4 of the 165.1's and a set of the st35 tweeters up front. I honestly don't know how they sound without the tweeters but I'm not sure I would run them without. If you want my opinion run the hsk165xl's. You can cut the tweeters right into your grills like this. Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Car Grille

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Reactions: dbell66253

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Call DA Performance... They are Hertz gurus. You could also go on the Hertz site and find a dealer close to you. The SV165.1 is a PA style, full range driver (think DJ speaker or Loud speaker) they are routinely used in full range mode but can be crossed over on high pass as suggested previously. As you mentioned they are usually paired with a horn tweeter. Willy B on here has that type set up. Send him a PM and pick his brain.

By "full range mode" I assume richierich means no crossover, but they are NOT full range speakers. Their low end is 100hz which is not very low at all. Likewise, their high end isn't very high either. Male voices are typically in the midrange. Like any speaker, you can just plug them into your amp and they will play. And they will probably sound better, clearer, and louder than stock. But you will get max power and clarity only with a proper tune. Here's a link to their specs.
Good luck and keep us updated on the outcome.

http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/hertz_SPLShow_SV165_1_tech.pdf

· Registered
2,100 Posts
Thanks guys , that was my concern , and I know a lot of time people base things off certain name brands and that's why I didn't want to get in to that pissing match ,

But I can defiantly adjust the speakers to that settings , there are a few dealers here in St. Louis , but in the audio room they all sound great and most all the time there paired with a horn of some sort, so that was my concern.

This forum is different than most of the other forums on the net. There are experts on here for every mod you can think of doing to your bike, and everyone is willing to help. Lots of us have paid handsomely$$$$$ for doing things the wrong way two or three times before getting it right. Lol!

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for that pic on the speaker grill , I didn't think about that way , this is just first new bike ive had and hate start cutting it up in first two weeks lol , but that looks really clean in your pic ......

· Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update went to my local dealer and listened to various hertz n focals
And went with the esk 165.5 component system .

Installed tweeters in speaker grills so no cutting in to the body of new bike and got amp n speakers tunned in and sounds un real bout half way up and clear as a bell , once u really open these speakers up u can feel it in ur chest while sitting on bike , it's pretty bad ass set of speakers , on another not the 6.5 r a little deep so it wasn't the easiest to install but I got to work with a little massaging !!!! Figured I'd update everybody !

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.