Road Glide banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Nice set up you got there GB... How you liking them Hertz ?? I heard a set, don't know the model number, it sounded good. He had a set of high/tweeter-horn type of speaker that had the highs hitting... They might have been a part of a component set..

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Brian, which JL Audio amp did you decide on. Ive been looking at those 165xl also. Damn they better be great speakers cause those damn things are pricey.

Good job GB, you won't be disappointed in those Hertz. You know my motto hurt me with them Hertz!

I ended up with the following:

Fairing - Hertz HSK165XL components
Lids- Hertz HCX690 6x9s
Hog Tunes 6x9 lids
JL audio amp

Gould sound "alright" :rolleyes:
You'll be rocking the exact same speakers as me. I would have gotten the JL if not for the Alpine. Just make sure you set the gain on your amp properly. What head unit you going with? It all ties in together :cool:

In short, you don't want to blow your speakers. I have my gain set so that when I pump my volume up all the way to 35, it sounds LOUD, CLEAR, with NO DISTORTION, and with no fear off blowing a speaker. :rolleyes:

Your gonna love your speaker choice I promise. I like it best faded back either -1 or -2.

Also, I have ridden in the pouring rain with no protection several times with no ill effects to my system. That mesh that comes with the HCX690 you put between the speaker & grill works well. Not to push my luck though I bought some lid covers. In the future when I get caught in a heavy rain, I'll just pull over and throw these on:

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.