Road Glide banner

Hertz

6K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  ldireprophil 
#1 ·
For you guys that are running Hertz, where do you buy from? For the most part amazon seems to be the best prices I've found, but, maybe someone knows something I don't.......

Thanks in advance

#7 ·
I've bought a ton a shit off ebay, BUT NOT speakers. Hertz come with a 12 month warranty if bought from an AUTHORIZED DEALER. To each their own but if something goes wrong I want to be about to boogie right on down to the sound shop and demand they make it right. I had a bad crossover and was able to swap it out no questions asked. If I were you, this is what I'd try first. Call around and find out which sound shops carry Hertz. Then go by in person, not over the phone, and ask to speak to the manager or owner. Tell them what you want to do and let them know what prices you are getting off EBAY, etc. Give the dude an opportunity to earn your biz. Even if he can't match the price EXACTLY, if he can come close, and DOWN from retail I guarantee you will sleep better at night knowing you bought locally. Be sure to give him the ole, "I'll refer all my riding buddies"...so on and so forth. One of the BIGGEST scams is mail order speakers. Google it! Specifically Hertz and you will see all the complaints and how these fuckers make them look damn close to the real thing. I got deals on every component of my setup, I NEVER pay retail cause I can run my mouth into a deal. My system ROCKS and it's put together with genuine quality stuff, DON"T SKIMP! DON"T DO IT! :cool::p:cool::p:cool

#8 ·
I bought mine locally. I've purchased other speaker brands online, but I've heard about knock-offs of Hertz. So I found an authorized dealer locally.

#9 ·
My buddy is a Hertz dealer. My whole car is hertz and I know for a fact they will not warranty if not bought from a brick and mortar store. Hertz doesn't do online or eBay. Buyer beware!! I'll be putting 3 pairs of Hertz in my bike over the winter. Gonna rock.

#17 ·
Running 2 of the pbr300X2. I like the polks. The hertz are going on my dads bike. He said he wanted his louder than mine. They are currently on a national back order. My dealer told me that "the warehouse in California " would not have them until sept 23. I guess once they get here we will see what sounds better.

Wesley

#13 ·
Hertz are NOT marine grade. They are way better than any marine grade out there. Just don't play them under water! :eek:

#26 ·
In short, you don't want to blow your speakers. I have my gain set so that when I pump my volume up all the way to 35, it sounds LOUD, CLEAR, with NO DISTORTION, and with no fear off blowing a speaker. :rolleyes:

#27 ·
Your gonna love your speaker choice I promise. I like it best faded back either -1 or -2.

#28 ·
Also, I have ridden in the pouring rain with no protection several times with no ill effects to my system. That mesh that comes with the HCX690 you put between the speaker & grill works well. Not to push my luck though I bought some lid covers. In the future when I get caught in a heavy rain, I'll just pull over and throw these on:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.