Road Glide banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the diet and training going?

I hit 240 this winter and not a good 240. I'm cutting and on my way down. But not so much lighter as much as body composition change.

Been eating all the right stuff. Quit drinking soda. (That's huge there) Diet soda is also no good for you.

Just a heads up. If you're doing weight training along with cardiology and diet. The addition of muscle will mess with you when you look at the scale.

One thing I learned. The scale is not your friend. I will get in it once a week maybe. I rely on the mirror and how my clothes fit.

What are you eating? What's your cardio look like? Workouts?

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
I actually decided it was time to make a change and busted out my old Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies VHS tapes - I have my 2.5 lbs pink weights I hold in my hands and 1 lbs velcro ankle weights and I just dance and dance......its like I am not even working out - Been at it for 9 months and already lost 2 lbs

Just kidding you big heavy weight throwing sum bitch........don't lay me out if we ever meet

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually decided it was time to make a change and busted out my old Richard Simmons Sweating to the Oldies VHS tapes - I have my 2.5 lbs pink weights I hold in my hands and 1 lbs velcro ankle weights and I just dance and dance......its like I am not even working out - Been at it for 9 months and already lost 2 lbs

O

Just kidding you big heavy weight throwing sum bitch........don't lay me out if we ever meet
Lmao. Never happen. You make me laugh and keep this place jumping. I'd give ya a big ol man hug. Lol. :D

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
Lmao. Never happen. You make me laugh and keep this place jumping. I'd give ya a big ol man hug. Lol. :D
Nice - My closest friend is a big Mofo (6'3 about 290) who chucks the iron around and looks like a WWE Wrestler and looks, sounds and acts like Patrick Warburton (sans the Gay) from the movie Ted 2( youtube it) - I'll hang out with him and mouth off....get about 4 good ones in and then out of nowhere in the most embarrassing of settings (like in front of a hot chick), he'll just knock the shit out of me and say "watch your mouth"

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It's going slowly, but surely. I gave up diet sodas about 5 months ago and seriously cut down my soda intake to 1 a day. Plan on weening myself off of them altogether. Water intake is drastically up. Eating much healthier. Fruits and nuts and small dose of cheese for lunch numerous times weekly. Cutting way down on processed foods and enjoying salads and other whole foods.

My personal trainer enjoys inflicting pain and dumbshit me tells him that I think he can add more weight to the various exercises. Stamina is up some as I take more stairs at work instead of always relying on elevators and escalators.

I need to go look at the scale, but am well aware that I am building muscle, so probably not a lot of change. However, the $6000 scale that I use by the gym measures all sorts of BFI and other data points and tracks all that data from previous times on scale by person. I would kill to be 240 again. At my physical last year, the doctor's scale only went to 350 and I was above that at 354 when I started going to the gym. My pants are a bit looser, so, I am pretty sure I am below 350 now.

How's the diet and training going?

I hit 240 this winter and not a good 240. I'm cutting and on my way down. But not so much lighter as much as body composition change.

Been eating all the right stuff. Quit drinking soda. (That's huge there) Diet soda is also no good for you.

Just a heads up. If you're doing weight training along with cardiology and diet. The addition of muscle will mess with you when you look at the scale.

One thing I learned. The scale is not your friend. I will get in it once a week maybe. I rely on the mirror and how my clothes fit.

What are you eating? What's your cardio look like? Workouts?

·
Registered
2,084 Posts

I think you should share a video of yourself like this. Too bad you were just joking. We all need a laugh.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On a serious note. If it's been a year and you are just getting under 350. Either your personal trainer isn't doing a good job. Or you're not following the diet.

I know everyone is different and we all lose at different rates. But. No way. When I was obese at 270. 290. I went on a diet and exercised and dropped 100 pounds in 7 months.

To think you'd never see 240, is ridiculous.

Only watch to truly tell bodyfat is submersion or calipers. That 6 million dollar scale is a gimmick. And not your friend.

Not trying to be a dick. But something needs looked at. His plan for you. Or you not following the plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,084 Posts
It's been nowhere near a year. I only started this in December. Then I wasn't that good around Christmas, so didn't start in earnest until last month. So, serious for about 5 or 6 weeks only. My ideal weight is about 190#. So, I hope to see 240 come and go. Would kill to be there now though.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It's been nowhere near a year. I only started this in December. Then I wasn't that good around Christmas, so didn't start in earnest until last month. So, serious for about 5 or 6 weeks only. My ideal weight is about 190#. So, I hope to see 240 come and go. Would kill to be there now though.
Ok. I was going by you doctor visits comment. I assumed you'd been on the diet for a year.

My bad.

Drop the soda completely. Only have one else when you and the Mrs go out to eat. That's a big reduction in calorie .

Someone said to me a long time ago.

Wether you think you can, or think you can't. You're right.

You'll do it. Just keep at it.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice - My closest friend is a big Mofo (6'3 about 290) who chucks the iron around and looks like a WWE Wrestler and looks, sounds and acts like Patrick Warburton (sans the Gay) from the movie Ted 2( youtube it) - I'll hang out with him and mouth off....get about 4 good ones in and then out of nowhere in the most embarrassing of settings (like in front of a hot chick), he'll just knock the shit out of me and say "watch your mouth"
That's funny shit right there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't worked out for years. I am now 250 ps of fat. I want to cut down to 200-220 for my height Some tips and motivations would be nice.

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I dropped 45 lbs a year and a half ago, it all comes down to a simple equation, calories in vs calories out....what worked for me won't necessarily work for anyone else, but I got myself a fitbit type tracker that motivated me to move more and get out of my chair at work more often, I started walking right after dinner and tried to get in at least a mile or two, I started with the elliptical at my complex gym, after talking to my friend who is a gym rat, she suggested lower resistance for longer spans, I got up to an hour and held that for 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule, that and cutting back on booze and eating got me down 30+lbs between september and february, I started getting bored so my next step was a fitbody bootcamp, I was close to the weight I wanted but needed to feel better and needed more motivation, I try to get to class which will kick my aSS like nobody's business between 3-5 days a week, I dropped another 20lbs, and my stamina and strength are way up. I did put back about 7 lbs but everyone said I had gone to far and I am holding my weight for close to a year so I am happy.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
I dropped 45 lbs a year and a half ago, it all comes down to a simple equation, calories in vs calories out....what worked for me won't necessarily work for anyone else, but I got myself a fitbit type tracker that motivated me to move more and get out of my chair at work more often, I started walking right after dinner and tried to get in at least a mile or two, I started with the elliptical at my complex gym, after talking to my friend who is a gym rat, she suggested lower resistance for longer spans, I got up to an hour and held that for 4-6 days a week depending on my schedule, that and cutting back on booze and eating got me down 30+lbs between september and february, I started getting bored so my next step was a fitbody bootcamp, I was close to the weight I wanted but needed to feel better and needed more motivation, I try to get to class which will kick my aSS like nobody's business between 3-5 days a week, I dropped another 20lbs, and my stamina and strength are way up. I did put back about 7 lbs but everyone said I had gone to far and I am holding my weight for close to a year so I am happy.

:p

Attachments

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I haven't worked out for years. I am now 250 ps of fat. I want to cut down to 200-220 for my height Some tips and motivations would be nice.
If it's not water or morning g coffee. Don't drink it. Besides unsweetened tea.

If you used to workout than you have an advantage. Muscle memory is a great thing. Get started back at it and you're going to see gains and losses faster than the average guy.

I've been back at it a few months. No weight change. But a definite difference.

I'll start to ramp up the training soon, been sick a week now.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
If it's not water or morning g coffee. Don't drink it. Besides unsweetened tea.

If you used to workout than you have an advantage. Muscle memory is a great thing. Get started back at it and you're going to see gains and losses faster than the average guy.

I've been back at it a few months. No weight change. But a definite difference.

I'll start to ramp up the training soon, been sick a week now.
What's not okay about a 10 cal or less energy drink vs a cup of coffee? Serious question, not arguing with you.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What's not okay about a 10 cal or less energy drink vs a cup of coffee? Serious question, not arguing with you.
It's all good. I used to kill the energy drinks. Now with heart issues I can't. So that there will give ya hint that they're bad. Not that they caused my issues.

The ingredients in the energy drinks really. Excessive amounts of good things become harmful.

Coffee only has caffeine. The energy drinks are loaded with Excessive Amounts of B Vitamins. ...High Levels of Taurine. ...Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, and Guarana. ...Sugar and Sugar Substitutes. ... and Caffeine.

Sugar substitutes are chemical cocktails. You're better off having real sugar in moderate amounts.

·
Registered
1,926 Posts
It's all good. I used to kill the energy drinks. Now with heart issues I can't. So that there will give ya hint that they're bad. Not that they caused my issues.

The ingredients in the energy drinks really. Excessive amounts of good things become harmful.

Coffee only has caffeine. The energy drinks are loaded with Excessive Amounts of B Vitamins. ...High Levels of Taurine. ...Ginseng, Gingko Biloba, and Guarana. ...Sugar and Sugar Substitutes. ... and Caffeine.

Sugar substitutes are chemical cocktails. You're better off having real sugar in moderate amounts.
Never thought about sugar substitutes like that. I have a bad Orange Rockstar Recovery addiction. Sometimes five a day. Coffee doesn't agree with me though so it's been tough to kick. Something about coffee makes me agitated. Thanks for the knowledge. I'll keep it in mind when I'm buying my drinks in the morning and leave...at least one on the shelf. 😁 Maybe I should just take caffeine pills.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Zinc!!!

How's it going? Still losing?

One thing ya have to do is once in a while. Over a week apart. Eat a really shitty meal. Mine is country fried steak, country gravy 4 eggs over easy extra cup of gravy and a biscuit or two.

It keeps me sane.

Because today was

2 whole eggs and 3 egg whites made into an omelet with 1oz low fat cheese. Half for breakfast the other half at 9 am break.

8oz chicken breast

10oz chicken breast, onions, peppers, sour cream and hot sauce on a low carb wrap.

I missed 2 snacks. Was a busy day.

Today was a low carb day.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts