Road Glide banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that I've gotten your attention, I'm due to replace my modular helmet, and I'm in need of advice/recommendations from those of you who rock a helmet that's 3XL or larger (i.e., you wear a fitted hat size 8, a snapback on the last/2nd-to-last peg, or an actual measurement ≥25").

Currently considering a Bell SRT Modular, HJC IS-Max 2 (what I currently wear), and POSSIBLY an Icon Airflite (full-face).
Last week I was able to try on an LS2 Valiant, and let me just say, their sizing chart is a LITTLE off. Based on their chart, I should have comfortably fit their 3XL, and even accounting for not being broken-in, it felt about 2 sizes too small.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards a modular, but only because a lot of manufacturers don't seem to make the openings of their full face helmets big enough to get on without removing my ears or popping my eyes out of their sockets. Are there any other options UNDER $500 that I should consider? TIA!

·
Registered
939 Posts
I know this is an old thread. Just wondering what you ended up with. I just ordered the Bell SRT in 3xl.

·
Registered
487 Posts
I wear a true fitted sized 8 hat, and the LS2 Rebellion half helmet size XL fits me fine, which is the first time I haven't had an XXL in decades. Every model, every brand, fits different.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Believe me I know they all fit different. Sometimes different models from the same company fit different. I have five helmets and only one really fits and of course that is the one I like the least.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts