Road Glide banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, now that I've gotten your attention, I'm due to replace my modular helmet, and I'm in need of advice/recommendations from those of you who rock a helmet that's 3XL or larger (i.e., you wear a fitted hat size 8, a snapback on the last/2nd-to-last peg, or an actual measurement ≥25").

Currently considering a Bell SRT Modular, HJC IS-Max 2 (what I currently wear), and POSSIBLY an Icon Airflite (full-face).
Last week I was able to try on an LS2 Valiant, and let me just say, their sizing chart is a LITTLE off. Based on their chart, I should have comfortably fit their 3XL, and even accounting for not being broken-in, it felt about 2 sizes too small.

Right now, I'm leaning more towards a modular, but only because a lot of manufacturers don't seem to make the openings of their full face helmets big enough to get on without removing my ears or popping my eyes out of their sockets. Are there any other options UNDER $500 that I should consider? TIA!

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I know this is an old thread. Just wondering what you ended up with. I just ordered the Bell SRT in 3xl.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I wear a true fitted sized 8 hat, and the LS2 Rebellion half helmet size XL fits me fine, which is the first time I haven't had an XXL in decades. Every model, every brand, fits different.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Believe me I know they all fit different. Sometimes different models from the same company fit different. I have five helmets and only one really fits and of course that is the one I like the least.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Reviving an old post I know but I am curious what OP ended up doing. I have the HD branded HJC IS Max 2 in 4XL. It is nearing need to replace and while I like it fine I would like to find something that flows air a little better.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I'll add that I wanted a full face for the all-too-common rain days here and ended up with an LS2 Citation Carbon in XXXL and it just fits (I have a long oval shape head).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Reviving an old post I know but I am curious what OP ended up doing. I have the HD branded HJC IS Max 2 in 4XL. It is nearing need to replace and while I like it fine I would like to find something that flows air a little better.
I have the IS Maxx II as well and the lack of airflow is my only complaint. It also fits a little tight around my cheeks and a little loose toward the top of my head, but that could easily be my weird head shape lol. I still haven't found the "perfect" fat head full face helmet yet lol.

·
Registered
491 Posts
I have the IS Maxx II as well and the lack of airflow is my only complaint. It also fits a little tight around my cheeks and a little loose toward the top of my head, but that could easily be my weird head shape lol. I still haven't found the "perfect" fat head full face helmet yet lol.
It is a challenge. I keep trying, I will probably do the new i90 next season unless something else comes up.

·
Registered
241 Posts
There are times I wish I could have my motorcycle helmet fitted the way my flight helmet was. Back in the '80s, the Navy had a helmet fitting system that injected the isolating material into a bag that was in your helmet and around your head. Pure custom fitment, like ski boots used to be done. Way to expensive for commercial application, but that was the most comfortable helmet I ever wore, and I am one of those 7 5/8+ hat sizes.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I wear a 7-3/4 fitted hat...my full face is a Shoei RF-1200 2xl. It was tight at first, but it's broken in now and snug as it should be.

My problem is now trying to find a full face or 3/4 without an internal sun visor. I use Rx glasses and these visors add weight and hit my glasses so they are useless to me.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I just bought a new LS2 Valient II modular, and after a couple of break in days I am very happy with it. A big plus for me is that the chin piece rotates 180° if you want the face open., but if it rains or is cold just reach back and flip it down. I also bought a Cardo Packtalk at the same time and it is fantastic. I know it doesn't provide the same protection as a full helmet but it is much better than my half and 3/4 helmets. Also the ventilation is very good, I have a lot of hair and I was afraid it may be to hot but it't not bad at all. According to their size chart I would wear a large but I tried on an XL and it was very snug the first few times I wore it. I think is was about $350 it comes with an inflatable neck piece and a fog shield, packed in a nice bag inside of a backpack.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 11 of 11 Posts