Road Glide banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Sharks, it's been a while and I wanted to say thanks for your thoughts and prayers and give you a follow up on where things are vs were. Some of you know Christmas Day brought a very unexpected gift of Septic Shock, I'm still battling some issues and recovery was a trip. Well the very thing that brought it on has returned so I'm scheduled for surgery July 14th, so you prayer warriors im calling on you again. Yes I miss Scarlett and yes I had tears in my eyes when the dude road her up the drive. I had to sell her because I can't straddle a seat dude to my type of spinal issue, I even sold my ATV and replaced it with a UTV. Scarlet was replaced with a Ram 2500 diesel that blows cold air up my butt. She can pull a mountain but she will never take the curves like Scarlett did. I miss you guys and wanted to attempt Texas however Karen and I felt I needed to finish a trip I started in '86. When I started that trip I was hit by a cage and never saw the Redwoods, after my close call this past December Karen felt I should get that off my list. I wanted to rent a ride just to drive amidst the giants but my broken body spoke all to loud. One day I will rise above them anyway and I think the view will be better. I want you all to know how much a part of my life you all have been, Ron and Jack keep in touch and if any of yah want to drop a line my email is ( [email protected] ) Karen wants you all to know the second best vacation she has ever had was Shark Week III her best was our honeymoon at Maui. We talk about that weekend more than you could imagine.
Who would ever think a motorcycle could play such a big part in a persons life she said, then I told her, when it was half of your life or a day of your life it's like a drug that can easily take over your life, I guess that's why I had to give it up, sometimes God says he needs me more than I need the thrill of the ride.
You guys have played as big a part of my life as did the club Bros & gals of my past. Ride safely, rubber side down shinny side up, wind in your face, bugs in your smile. For those who know me I leave you with this, I was a good biker who went bad, if you know me you know that is like my name it just doesn't fit. And these Bible verses.
2 Corithians 4:16-18
(KJV) 16 For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. 17 For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; 18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
Your Bro, Fro

Attachments

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
You beat it once , you can do it again. You'll be in our thoughts and prayers bro.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Frodoe, I will be praying for the Lord's healing on you. God bless you and keep you....
As will I. If there is anything other than prayers that you need, please let us know.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
well hello there

Very nice to hear from you Frodoe and that you are doing better. We've all been worried and praying for you. Keep up the fight and I hope to meet you both again one day. You are inspiring.
enjoy the ride what ever your ride may be

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Frodoe, I will be praying for the Lord's healing on you. God bless you and keep you....
+1 and the prayers will continue here as well. I agree more then you know your feelings expressed about how much you enjoyed SWIII. The more you attend the more it becomes like a family reunion each year then a bike rally. If you're feeling up to it next year join us in Canada by any means you can. Due to shoulder surgery I attended this years in Texas in a Buick and had a great time! Stay strong and get healthy!!

·
Registered
953 Posts
So glad to hear from you Jeff. I can't tell you how sorry I am to learn you have another battle ahead. However I know that with all our prayers and your faith you will come out on top again. Miss you guys but you will always be a biker and part of our family! Stay strong and positive. If you need anything let us know. We will pray for you guys everyday.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well it's been a week since the surgery, Dr. put me on two weeks complete bed rest (boring!) along with a lot of pain. I guess as you get older it takes more time to recover. Thanks you all for your prayers and thoughts. Funny thing is Bagger mags still come to house, but I just forward them to someone else, I get easily depressed thinking about the ride. Dr. Seams to think I'm overdoing things and I have to laugh, I told him if I was doing anything less if be under a dirt pile. :surprise:
So I'll peek in every now and then to say hay.
Ride safely, shinny side up,
Your bro, Fro

·
Registered
10,385 Posts
Well it's been a week since the surgery, Dr. put me on two weeks complete bed rest (boring!) along with a lot of pain. I guess as you get older it takes more time to recover. Thanks you all for your prayers and thoughts. Funny thing is Bagger mags still come to house, but I just forward them to someone else, I get easily depressed thinking about the ride. Dr. Seams to think I'm overdoing things and I have to laugh, I told him if I was doing anything less if be under a dirt pile. :surprise:
So I'll peek in every now and then to say hay.
Ride safely, shinny side up,
Your bro, Fro
Glad to hear that. God speed on a quick recovery.

·
The Greatest Moderator on The Internet
13,009 Posts
Glad to hear that you're recovering Fro!
Listen to the Doc and rest up.
Just don't be a stranger on here.
Everyone is concerned as to how you are recuperating.
Remember, This Is The Greatest Forum On The Internet!
Mike U.

·
Shark of the Month October 13
12,818 Posts
We never had an opportunity to meet but I'm hoping we will some day. Just from reading your posts over the past few years I know it will be my distinct pleasure if we do. Hope you heal fast and completely without further complications. Please drop in regularly, even if it's just to say "HI". You're very fortunate to have such a wonderful wife. Good fortunes to her too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.