Road Glide banner

21 - 40 of 51 Posts

·
Shark of the Month October 13
8,774 Posts
Born in N.H. and most all my family still lives in the Lakes Region (Laconia area). I went to college in Maine and lived in Maine for many years, including a 15 year stint just before moving to FL. so I recognize a few of the places featured in your pics, including the top of Mt. Washington. Is that the coolest fence you ever saw (at King's house)? Was that breakfast pic taken at Dysart's Truck Stop one exit south of Bangor? Did you guys stop in at Bentley's Saloon in Arundel on your way out of Maine?

Looks like you had a wonderful trip, I'm way jealous .... but I do have a trip planned to NH/Maine next year at the end of August .

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
awesome pictures. looked like great time. new england has some fantastic destinations to ride to. the roads can be a bit of a bear though lol.

·
8,774 Posts
no substitute for live maine labsta
you did all of this in 8 days?
thanks for the pix. wifey wants to go back now lol
OK, sorry, but as a long time Mainah, I have to correct you on the "maine labsta" thing. It's spelled Maine "lobstah". How something that ugly can taste so good is beyond me. I have to say that lobstah and clams (fried, in a chowdah, or steamed and served with drawn butter - it's all great) are among the things I miss the most since I moved to FL.

·
Registered
4,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
no substitute for live maine labsta
you did all of this in 8 days?
thanks for the pix. wifey wants to go back now lol
Yep. 8 days and didn't really hurry. Passed on a few things but did really everything we wanted to.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Little Wing

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
OK, sorry, but as a long time Mainah, I have to correct you on the "maine labsta" thing. It's spelled Maine "lobstah". How something that ugly can taste so good is beyond me. I have to say that lobstah and clams (fried, in a chowdah, or steamed and served with drawn butter - it's all great) are among the things I miss the most since I moved to FL.
you prolly say "awnt" too, don't you. instead of "ant"
it's definitely a proud bunch up there

·
Registered
2008 FLTRU 105th Anniversary w/ 110"
1,434 Posts
I was wondering where you have been, glad to see you were out on the bike. Great pics, I would love to get out to the East Coast one day and work my way down.

·
Registered
80 Posts
What, no Rhode Island travel? Can’t say I blame you, roads here suck. We have the opportunity to travel up to NH, VT and ME often. We were up by Laconia last weekend, with a stop by Conway, NH. The tree leaves will be exploding with color in about 2 weeks, only problem is too many cages on the road. Glad to hear you had a great trip.

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Great pics John, thanks for bringing us on your journey!

Thanks for reaching out, sorry I missed a chance to hook up with you. You guys definitely covered a lot of ground.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Great pix! Looks like an awesome trip up in my old stomping grounds. Was born in N Conway, NH but grew up and went to college in Maine...been in CT since late 80's. I've been up Mt Washington 8-10 times by bike...a must do! Hiked Tuckerman Ravine and skied down it a couple times. Fact...highest temperature ever recorded on Mt Washington is 72 deg F.

Spotted the mis-spelling of 'lobstah' too but you missed one Fuzzy...it's drawn BUTTAH! Fer chris-sakes, you of all people should know BETTAH!

Reactions: RFG7680

·
Registered
3,357 Posts
Looks like you had a wonderful trip, I'm way jealous .... but I do have a trip planned to NH/Maine next year at the end of August .
Hey Unc., CAN I INVITE MYSELF TO GO ALONG ON THIS TRIP? :eek::eek::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:;)

Reactions: DanHappy

·
8,774 Posts

·
8,774 Posts
Great pix! Looks like an awesome trip up in my old stomping grounds. Was born in N Conway, NH but grew up and went to college in Maine...been in CT since late 80's. I've been up Mt Washington 8-10 times by bike...a must do! Hiked Tuckerman Ravine and skied down it a couple times. Fact...highest temperature ever recorded on Mt Washington is 72 deg F.

Spotted the mis-spelling of 'lobstah' too but you missed one Fuzzy...it's drawn BUTTAH! Fer chris-sakes, you of all people should know BETTAH!
I stand corrected! I think my favorite Maine saying is, "Slick'r-n-snot!". As in, ... "the snow is starting to stick to the road and it's slick'r-n-snot out there!"

Reactions: Jacksprat56

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Great pics & trip. I stopped at the Stephen King house too a couple years ago. Some beautiful area up there.

·
8,774 Posts
Don't you get fresh Stone Crabs down there?
Sure, and lots of other crabs, especially the local blue crab. All good, but there's still nothing like Maine lobster and Maine or Ipswich, MA. little neck clams. I don't get back there too often these days and I turn into a shellfish-aholic when I do visit.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts

Lobstah with buttah is wicked excellent!

·
8,774 Posts
If time allows, anyone who tours northern New England, especially Maine, should also plan time to drive through the Canadian Maritime Provinces. The Cabot Trail around the island of Cape Breton is a very popular bike route. It's a very rural area so it's mostly about the road built right along the shore and the sights and the quaint little fishing villages along the way ... and the fresh seafood!

21 - 40 of 51 Posts