Road Glide banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone in the vicinity would be interested in getting together for a "lunch meat". ;) There is a cool little pub and grub in Ft. Scott, Kansas aptly named "Sharky's".
I was thinking the third or fourth Saturday in August.

Any interest?

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Sorry Tom, much as I would like to, we'll be coming home or else fresh home from Shark Week in that time frame. We did get a room at the Quality Inn for BikesBlues and BBQ though, so we will catch you guys then !

·
Registered
953 Posts
Tom I'd be in for that. I think a number of the other KC area guys would be too. I was just down in Ft Scott last Sunday just for a day ride.

·
Registered
953 Posts
That sounds great Jack. I was hoping to get some interest from you KC guys.
Tom they are interested once you set a date. You're talking the 16th or the 23rd right? I would say the 16th then if the weather is bad we have a rain day on the 23rd.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Tom they are interested once you set a date. You're talking the 16th or the 23rd right? I would say the 16th then if the weather is bad we have a rain day on the 23rd.

May as well confirm a date from the gitgo....the 16th it is. How many do you think will come with you Jack?

As an added attraction, the historic fort is only a block away. A tour may be in order for those interested.

·
Super Moderator
1,784 Posts
So...... where is the closest Harley Rental and airport combo to Ft Scott Kansas?

Looks like a fun ride, would really like to make this one but will just have gotten home from Sturgis the Sunday before. Asked the wife about heading a little farther south to Kansas after Sturgis instead of coming straight home, she asked how long I thought I could survive in the dog house this winter with a 40 watt bulb instead of the regular 100 watt bulb. Surprisingly the 100 watt bulb is comfortable down to about -20C. The dog is a bit of a blanket hog.

Calgaryglide

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Kansas City! Worth HD is only a couple miles from the airport. You could fly in at 9am have the bike by 10am, hook up with Jack and be in Ft Scott by noon, back to KC by 6pm, home by 9pm your time.

"Honey, there's a little problem at the job site. I know it's Saturday but I really have no choice. I'll be up very early and won't be home till late."

If anyone could pull it off it would be you, ehe! :)

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
So...... where is the closest Harley Rental and airport combo to Ft Scott Kansas?

Looks like a fun ride, would really like to make this one but will just have gotten home from Sturgis the Sunday before. Asked the wife about heading a little farther south to Kansas after Sturgis instead of coming straight home, she asked how long I thought I could survive in the dog house this winter with a 40 watt bulb instead of the regular 100 watt bulb. Surprisingly the 100 watt bulb is comfortable down to about -20C. The dog is a bit of a blanket hog.

Calgaryglide
Just make sure he is back before dark, otherwise, between the dark and the beer, he tends to moon anybody on a bike with headlights...

...right before he tries to stick beer cans on his head!

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sorry Tom, much as I would like to, we'll be coming home or else fresh home from Shark Week in that time frame. We did get a room at the Quality Inn for BikesBlues and BBQ though, so we will catch you guys then !
Oh come on, a little detour home would be nothing for you guys. You are both retired now...what's the rush. As long as you take time to wash off some of that salt water it will all be good.

·
Registered
3,439 Posts
Oh come on, a little detour home would be nothing for you guys. You are both retired now...what's the rush. As long as you take time to wash off some of that salt water it will all be good.
My plans for sunday, after riding home from SW IV, are to pull into the garage, fall off the bike, and wake up on Monday and get to work. Ben has a bit further to go than I do, so I gotta think he will be in the same situation, except the go to work part... :mad:

·
Registered
953 Posts
May as well confirm a date from the gitgo....the 16th it is. How many do you think will come with you Jack?

As an added attraction, the historic fort is only a block away. A tour may be in order for those interested.
Hard to say how many. I would hope 5 or 6 but could be more. We haven't had the group together much so far this year cuz everyone is working too damn much.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
I'm going to try to make this one. I'll be just starting on our yearly trip with a couple of my brothers-in-law. We've decided on Arkansas this year. I plan to convince one of them to swing through Ft Scott for lunch on the 16th. Hope to see you guys there.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was a little worried that a large project at work might interfere with the 16th. But after two long days this weekend I think things should be tidied up by then.
Hoping some more heartland sharks will jump in. This should make for a nice little day run.

·
Registered
520 Posts
If it's ok with you..I'll head up that way from way down here in Oklahoma!! LOL
Sounds like a plan since Eureka didn't pan out for me.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts